Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Call To Duty #12

Early in the morning,as early as 7 o'clock, Adisa was already at the King's Palace. He has been summoned the previous night and has been told to report at the Palace as early as he can. There was going to be a very crucial meeting pertaining to the task he is set to complete.
He has been there for an hour before the first chief who happens to be Balogun came in.
"Corper, when did you get here?"
"About an hour ago sir" Adisa responded with utmost respect
"What a pity! I wish our people would respect time as you've demonstrated.If only we can all can,we would be better for it. I complained of the message sent to you not being specific about time,but, it was not taken seriously,now look at it now,you are here before any of us the hosts. Is that not an insult and embarrassment?" Balogun inquired. Adisa smiled and shook his head
"Not at all sir"
"Ehn I understand,what would you say,I mean,what would anyone expect a well cultured and trained youth like you to say about the misconduct of older ones?Nothing! But, I tell you, it's not right and we need to start considering respecting time"
"Yes sir"
"I hope you'll be able to teach everyone including the King the true essence of time management from this project? So many royal businesses have remained unfinished due to his recklessness with time!" The Balogun had just finished whispering this to the Corper when the King emerged and the 2 men had to prostrate to welcome him to the Palace's court room.
"Kabiyesi o!"
"Thank you Balogun...Corper, so early?"
"Yes sir, the messenger said I had to come as early as I can"
" Yes but not this early,anyway,you are here and it's good you are. Where are the other members of the royal council Balogun?"
"Kabiyesi o!They are all on their way.I have also called the Prof and other guests that have been invited and they have all confirmed that they'll be here. The Youth leader is in best position to answer to the responses of our children in the diaspora as per the message you sent to them. But from what he's saying,Kabiyesi, responses are good...very good Kabiyesi!"
"It has to be,you know, Ijinle town is a town that's known for her disciplinary characters...we don't breed mediocrity and our children are not bastards, they must surely listen and cooperate with us at home!"
"Yes ,Kabiyesi,you are right,very correct" They both laughed jokingly to the Kabiyesi's submissions.
"We should wait for them a little while more,while we wait,corper what would you like to be offered?"
"Ah! Kabiyesi,there wouldn't be need for that sir,I've eaten"
"I know but you'll still have to take something"
"But..."
"I insist!" The King declared
"Okay sir"
"Okay,so what would you have,coffee, tea?"
"I'll take tea sire, thank you sir"
"You don't mention it" The King waved a servant
"Get the Corper tea while you serve the Balogun as usual"
"Ho! Kabiyesi, you'll not kill me with this your hospitality o!"

________________________________________________________

 "Kole, what is this that I'm hearing?"
"What?"
"Is it true that you and Rhoda were together last night?"
"Together...I don't understand!"
"You won't understand! You think I will not know,you think those girls can actually keep secrets? Even a grown up can't! Now listen..."
"Hey,hey hey!!! What is it now,was she not the one that came along with her friends to the Corpers' lodge? I was just there minding my own business when the 3 of them came knocking..."
"Three,three,you said three,hey,Kole,I pity you o!"
"Pity yourself! Now listen, if you must know,those girls are sweet and know how to please a man than you can ever dream of doing in the next ten years!" At this point, Rachael have started crying.
"Ha! Kole, so it's true?" she broke down in uncontrollable tears. Kole's heart melted
"Listen babe..."
"Don't touch me! and don't baby me,Kole, you are disgrace to manhood. I thought you were matured enough...I thought you were 'MAN' enough...never knew you are still that little toddler that have no control over his emotions...where am I going to start from now?" Rachael asked in tears before running away.
"Rachael,Rachael! It's not what you think!" Kole kicked, he knew he had blown it.Rachael was all he could ever ask for in a woman.She has been supportive both morally and financially ever since they met at their place of primary assignment.This is not to mention the fact that Rachael was an embodiment of beauty that everyone sorted after. Is it her curves,her height or the beautiful skin and face that tend to glow even in the dark that one can possibly resist? Kole could attest to that and the fact that she has been very conservative and reserved.
All top  officials of the NYSC have tried wooing  her to no avail she wouldn't fall for their temptation. The Commandant threatened and actually carried out a threat of extra drilling in his plot to break her and make her play ball but she would refuse. These and many more reasons are why most Corps members including Adisa thinks Kole was the luckiest man to have had her as a date. But now, all that is history...or is it?
'Am I gonna just watch her slip away without a fight? No, Rachael is kind hearted and very forgiving. all I have to do is to renounce those girls and find a way to make up with her. But...God,last night was memorable...it was the sweetest experience I ever had! Looks like I have to make a choice now and Rhoda is not an option!' Kole thinks to himself as he stands up to go after Rachael.

____________________________________________________________

"Ah! My very good friend, long time no see. How far now,we no dey see your break light again,why now?" Komolafe querried his friend, Akanni.
"Eh, don't mind me,I've been busy these days that's why"
"Busy, busy doing what?" Akanni laughed.
"I've been busy minding my business now"
"What business is that,the only business I know you with is Vulcanizing which I no longer see you seat at again."
"Haba! I still do my vulcanizing business o,it's just that we've missing ourselves these days...besides,you too,have been unavailable for some time now"
"Yes o! I traveled...I have gone with a friend on a business trip. There's this building site that requires roofing and my friend could think of no other person than me to do the job for him.He works as a development agent and have gained a lot of ground in his business."
"Ore mi! That means that you are in a lot of money!"
"Yes o! I've only been seeing Jamiu and have asked him to say me well to you."
"Yes, he delivered your message but as I was saying,my new business requires that I wake up early enough to follow the first available vehicle to town."
"Ehn? please,tell me about this new business of yours, Jamiu briefed me about it but, as you know I love to hear it from the horse's mouth" Akanni laughed,it's a long story o!"
"I'm all ears and not in hurry,yan me tory abegi!" Akanni laughed.

....to be continued on Saturday

No comments:

Call To Duty #40

The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...