"Hahahahahaha!"
"But, sir, this is not funny...I'm serious here sir!"
"My brother, relax, there's nothing real that would come out of the exercise. Census, na yam?" The governor said as he's about to start laughing again.
"Well, sir,I thought so initially, but from the way the King is taking the matter,I don't think it's going to end like that sir."
"Where will he get the resources from,talk of the man power, the analysis, the technical know how...expertise...you name it! He doesn't have what it takes. Trust me!" The Governor assures the Chairman.
"Well....sir....if you say so. But, sir...."
"There's no cause for alarm...the Census is the Joke of the Century!" The Governor said. The Chairman shrugged his shoulders in agreement.
"Let's change the subject, shall we?"
"Okay sir"
___________________________________________
A week after the Local Government Chairman (LG Chairman) reported the Cencus to the Governor, the Cencus commenced. It was unprecedented. The residents of Ijinle came out en mass to be counted. The sensitization program is probably the motivating factor. The people have been highly educate as per the importance of the exercise.They understand how it is important to the imminent development of the Town and they are very read to cooperate and play their part in community service which the Corper have spurred them to do.
By the Eve of the Sixth day, everyone has been counted.The Corper himself didn't expect that it would end so soon.But as it turned out, it did. This is due to the fact that there were triple of the targeted number of volunteers who were all happy to help with the program for free.Hence, the Corper was able to safe a couple of thousands of Naira.
The Analysis of the Data collected was done by a friend of the Professor from the University along with a team of final year students of Statistics.This, however took time. This is because the Professor insisted on the full analysis of the Data collected.
By the Time The Corper was interpreting the Data to the Royal Council, everyone was spell bound including the King who was obviously over joyed by the new power and knowledge over his people. Now, he knows exactly how to help his subjects and improve their living standard. So, when the Corper was through with his presentation. He stood to his feet to applaud the Corper and his Council members followed suit.
"Corper, weldone!" The King said as he stopped applauding and gestured others to stop too.
"Professor, thank you so much! I really appreciate this very kind gesture of yours. You shall be remembered for this invaluable sacrifice you have made for Ijinle town."
"The Pleasure is mine Kabiyesi. You see, I think the person we need to show appreciation to the most is the Corps member Adisa. He is the cause of this historic event. I mean, if not for him, none of us was going to do anything. Even if he pulls out right now....the Job would still be done. Yet, he shall still enjoy the status of the originator of this project that we have just begun. From the way the analysis has been done, it would be clear to him that we mean business and we know exactly what he wanted to do with the Data. Abi, Corper?" The professor asked turning to the Corper who nodded with a smile.
"You see? So, Kabiyesi, you don't worry everything would work out on the positive God's grace."
"Ashe!" Everyone responded.
"Corper, I hope you heard the Professor, he should be carried along especially when it comes to the technical parts of the project."
"Most definitely sir. In fact, I shall go home with him today. There are certain areas I like to consult him about already."
"Oh, that's beautiful! O' people of Ijinle, I congratulate you on the new dawn that has beset our town. May we all be prosperous from it o!" The King prayed.
"Asheee" The chiefs chorused.
___________________________________________
Akanni had just taken his bath and was head to the living room to take his breakfast on the Bright Sunday morning. He arrived town along with his friends from their first business trip the previous night. He hadn't the time to ask about the Cencus that night. All he did when he arrived was to take a shower, eat and pounce on his very beautiful loyal wife who served him dinner in a very sexy silky and transparent short night gown. He had no choice but to indulge after which he slept off like a baby.
"Keji, how far, is the Corper and Professor through with the Cencus, what is the latest news?" He asked
"News? There's nothing special...the only thing we heard was that the counting is over. According to my source, they are sorting out the results"
"Sorting out? I don't understand."
"Neither do I. He used one kind English like that....ehen! Analysis!" Keji exclaimed.
"Have you checked out the meaning?" Akanni asked as he stood up to reach for his Dictionary.
"No, I didn't. I left for to sort out." Keji said smiling. Akanni looked at her smiling back.
To be continued on Saturday!
"But, sir, this is not funny...I'm serious here sir!"
"My brother, relax, there's nothing real that would come out of the exercise. Census, na yam?" The governor said as he's about to start laughing again.
"Well, sir,I thought so initially, but from the way the King is taking the matter,I don't think it's going to end like that sir."
"Where will he get the resources from,talk of the man power, the analysis, the technical know how...expertise...you name it! He doesn't have what it takes. Trust me!" The Governor assures the Chairman.
"Well....sir....if you say so. But, sir...."
"There's no cause for alarm...the Census is the Joke of the Century!" The Governor said. The Chairman shrugged his shoulders in agreement.
"Let's change the subject, shall we?"
"Okay sir"
___________________________________________
A week after the Local Government Chairman (LG Chairman) reported the Cencus to the Governor, the Cencus commenced. It was unprecedented. The residents of Ijinle came out en mass to be counted. The sensitization program is probably the motivating factor. The people have been highly educate as per the importance of the exercise.They understand how it is important to the imminent development of the Town and they are very read to cooperate and play their part in community service which the Corper have spurred them to do.
By the Eve of the Sixth day, everyone has been counted.The Corper himself didn't expect that it would end so soon.But as it turned out, it did. This is due to the fact that there were triple of the targeted number of volunteers who were all happy to help with the program for free.Hence, the Corper was able to safe a couple of thousands of Naira.
The Analysis of the Data collected was done by a friend of the Professor from the University along with a team of final year students of Statistics.This, however took time. This is because the Professor insisted on the full analysis of the Data collected.
By the Time The Corper was interpreting the Data to the Royal Council, everyone was spell bound including the King who was obviously over joyed by the new power and knowledge over his people. Now, he knows exactly how to help his subjects and improve their living standard. So, when the Corper was through with his presentation. He stood to his feet to applaud the Corper and his Council members followed suit.
"Corper, weldone!" The King said as he stopped applauding and gestured others to stop too.
"Professor, thank you so much! I really appreciate this very kind gesture of yours. You shall be remembered for this invaluable sacrifice you have made for Ijinle town."
"The Pleasure is mine Kabiyesi. You see, I think the person we need to show appreciation to the most is the Corps member Adisa. He is the cause of this historic event. I mean, if not for him, none of us was going to do anything. Even if he pulls out right now....the Job would still be done. Yet, he shall still enjoy the status of the originator of this project that we have just begun. From the way the analysis has been done, it would be clear to him that we mean business and we know exactly what he wanted to do with the Data. Abi, Corper?" The professor asked turning to the Corper who nodded with a smile.
"You see? So, Kabiyesi, you don't worry everything would work out on the positive God's grace."
"Ashe!" Everyone responded.
"Corper, I hope you heard the Professor, he should be carried along especially when it comes to the technical parts of the project."
"Most definitely sir. In fact, I shall go home with him today. There are certain areas I like to consult him about already."
"Oh, that's beautiful! O' people of Ijinle, I congratulate you on the new dawn that has beset our town. May we all be prosperous from it o!" The King prayed.
"Asheee" The chiefs chorused.
___________________________________________
Akanni had just taken his bath and was head to the living room to take his breakfast on the Bright Sunday morning. He arrived town along with his friends from their first business trip the previous night. He hadn't the time to ask about the Cencus that night. All he did when he arrived was to take a shower, eat and pounce on his very beautiful loyal wife who served him dinner in a very sexy silky and transparent short night gown. He had no choice but to indulge after which he slept off like a baby.
"Keji, how far, is the Corper and Professor through with the Cencus, what is the latest news?" He asked
"News? There's nothing special...the only thing we heard was that the counting is over. According to my source, they are sorting out the results"
"Sorting out? I don't understand."
"Neither do I. He used one kind English like that....ehen! Analysis!" Keji exclaimed.
"Have you checked out the meaning?" Akanni asked as he stood up to reach for his Dictionary.
"No, I didn't. I left for to sort out." Keji said smiling. Akanni looked at her smiling back.
To be continued on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment