The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought him to power. So, when he was summoned by his party chairman, he had to go see him.
"Mr Bayo, how are you it's quite a while" The Party chairman welcomed him
"Yes sir, it is. Evening sir"
"Ever since the little scuffle you had with the governor, you've acting a little wierd. What is the matter?" The Party Chairman inquired. The Local Government Chairman laughed.
"I'm sorry for the mix up and lack of communication all these while. I've been busy sir, that's all"
"Busy, you say, busy doing what?"
"Haba! You know now. There have been a lot of activities recently in my local government and..."
"You mean the Corper's many projects? Yes, I've heard of it. But it's funny that you didn't seek our consent before embarking on such gigantic projects in such numbers. Any ideas of what that have caused the party?" The Party Chairman interjected.
"Well sir, I..."
"Look here, Honorable, we are not against the development of your local government, after all, it is to our advantage as a party. What we are really after is the maintenance of law and order among the ranks and files of the party. Some other Chairmen like you are upset that your sudden rise in popularity is causing them a lot of trouble in their respective LG's. You are making them look like 'school boys' and that's just not too good for the party spirit. I hope you understand?"
"Yes sir."
"Good! So what are you going to do about it, are ready to make amends?" The Party Chairman asked. Honorable Bayo looked a little surprised.
"Sir, Wh-what are you..."
"The Projects, you need to stop them immediately!"
"What?!"
"Yes, Honorable all work must stop at all the different sites immediately. You are making the other Lg Chairmen look very bad!" The Party Chairman declared. The LG Chairman couldn't believe his ears.
'Am I dreaming?' He wondered.
"This is the stance of the Party, this is the stance of the Leader!"
" The Leader?"
"Yes!" The Party Chairman affirmed. Honorable Bayo laughed.
"What's so funny, Honorable Bayo?"
"Sir, you don't understand. It's not my project, it is actually the Oba of Ijinle that initiated the Projected and having tried all in my powers to subtly make him slow down and he refused, I had no choice but to join in. I did all I have done so that we may not lose face with the people. I honestly don't know what the Corper did or how he did it, The Corper have indeed awoken a gigantic sleeping giant in the King and he would stop at nothing to improve the lot of his people" Honorable Bayo explained himself. The Party Chairman was dumb founded for a while pondering on what Honorable had said.
"Okay, okay...so what is your opinion on the matter, what do you think we should do?"
"Honestly, chairman, if you'll ask me, I'll suggest that we join them"
"Hmm???"
"Yes! I mean, it is the people that are behind the projects not the King himself. Initially, I was thinking that it was a pipeline dream and that perhaps the King won some lottery and was ready to squander it. But, to my dismay, I later learned that he had actually summoned his subjects and had been able to convince them to pay certain royalty to him!"
"Ah! Common, that's is impossible!" The Party Chairman was shocked.
"Not anymore sir. It has actually happened in Ijinle town!" Honorable Bayo confirmed. The Party Chairman went on another very thoughtful silent session.
"Hmm...now that is very cocky! If the people are aware and are gladly supporting the King with his project, it means that sacking the king or making such threats are out of the equation. So, what are we going to do about it" he asked
"Now, sir, I had been at that stage and past it. This was what caused the scuffle I had with the Governor over the matter. They have been very careful with their tactics and have blocked all loopholes we might be hoping to explore. This is why I had no choice but to join them just to save my skin and ensure that our party continues to win elections in the town." Honorable Bayo responded.
"Hmm...that's very thoughtful of you."
"Thank you sir for the complements. You are welcome"
"Ehn, but what is with the other settlements that you are now including in the developmental projects?" The Chairman asked curiously. Honorable Bayo laughed.
"It is the for the same reason why my fellow LG Chairmen are asking me to stop the Projects! Don't you get it sir? The moment I joined in with the King of Ijinle town, supporting him with all that is required of me, I started receiving emissaries from other towns that thought I was unfairly favoring the town over them. I had to call the Corper to attend to them as he had done with Ijinle town. To be fair to the boy, he has been very helpful of very good conduct. His level of creativity like none other I have met, wallahi!" Honorable Bayo swore.
"I see...that boy...what is his name again?"
"Adisa"
"Yes, Adisa. I'll like to see him."
"Yes sir, but why?"
"Why, are you asking me why with all that you have just revealed about him? In case you don't know, the whole state knows about his activities. It's all over the News!"
"But, sir, he's still busy with our local government and..."
"Look, Honorable, that does not concern me. He created this mess for me, he should be the one to clean it up! Don't you worry, he is safe so long he is ready to do what he is currently doing in your local government area for others too!" The Chairman announced. Bayo thought about it for while and then smiled.
"No wahala, sir, he'll the first person you'll see tomorrow sir"
"Not tomorrow please. I won't be available till next week Monday, tell him to be here by 10am on Monday, okay?"
"Okay sir, I shall deliver your message. I shall be taking my leave sir"
"So soon? Haba! Or are we no longer in good terms?" The Chairman asked. Bayo was shocked and then, laughed.
"No way sir, Haba!"
"Tor! Then, sit down and let me entertain you as my guest. Besides, it has been a long time and I believe we have a lot of catch up to do, don't we?"
"No, we do sir. Thank you sir, for your hospitality"
"You are welcome, always welcome!"
____________________________________
"Keji"
"Mmm?"
"Rumour has it that your husband is dating one small girl like that"
"Ehn, who, Akanni"
"Ah-ah, see me see prosperity, how many husbands do you have?"
"Ha! Thank God!" Keji said raising her hands in gratitude. Her friend was shocked.
"Keji! What are you doing?"
"I'm thanking God Almighty for answering my prayers, what does it look like?" Keji affirmed to her. She stared at Lara stared at her friend for long while with mouth ajar.
"But, but...ah-ah, am I dreaming?" she muttered.
"Look here Lara, you are not dreaming, it is reality. You won't understand"
"Certainly I won't! I was expecting a very different reaction entirely which is normal...not this your..."
"Lara! Don't stress yourself. If Akanni desires, he should marry ten wives, I don't care...it doesn't matter to me. As a matter of fact, I prayed for this to happen and I thank God it finally did!" Keji interrupted her friend who obviously haven't recovered fully from the shock.
"You see, my friend, it is before our marriage I was boasting and vowing that I won't share my husband with anyone else. It was the case even after marriage till 5 years ago." Keji explained.
"What happened?" Lara was curious to know.
"Hmm...my friend, nothing much o. I discovered that I'm not as sexually active as Akanni. During our first week together, we used to have sex at least twice in a day. Both the time period and the number of times we have sex started increasing until I learnt to say no. When I ask, he would say that I'm so beautiful and very sexy. We later talked it out and we agreed to 5 times in a week and with only 3 rounds. Even at, I couldn't cope because, Akanni had found a way to increase how long he lasts in bed! We had an agreement so, I couldn't complain of the sex duration. It was from that time I realized that polygamy isn't a bad idea after all. I later realized that it was the only available solution at hand. So I started scouting for a second wife for Akanni."
"Ehn???!" Lara exclaimed
"Ehen na! What do you expect me to do, allow him to kill with sex?" Keji queried.
"No..no,no...I'm just shocked...a-a...I mean...ugh!"
"Look, Lara, if you're thinking that I am wronged, I understand, it doesn't change anything. I'll still be his wife and he my husband. My co-wife would be my friend. I'll ensure that. I'll need her to keep Akanni busy while I'm away. Listen, Lara, it is a win-win situation. Now, getting permissions to embark on business trips would be much easier now and when I need sex, I'll be getting just enough not an overload as before. I'll be having enough to myself and my children now" Keji submitted, smiling.
"No, Keji, you don't understand what are you saying...a co-wife? That's crazy!"
"Okay, would you prefer him have a girlfriend instead, a woman who is not bound to him like I am, a woman who gets all the goodies without bearing any responsibility that a wife bears? No, my sister, no. Let him marry her and not keep her as girlfriend. Let her come in as a wife to share the burden too...a junior to me in the house. In that way, I get to decide how we shall live together and I shall do all it takes to make it a peaceful one. Guess what, I'll be giving some of my turns in bed out to her!" Keji said with a big smile on her face. Her friend couldn't believe her ears.
"Oya, give me her address so that I may pay her a visit"
"And what kind of visit would that be?"
"Ah-ah! a friendly one of course. I want her to be rest assured that she has no problem so long she marries him and not stay as a girlfriend" Keji answered. Lara was dumb founded.
"So what's her name?"
"Aina"
"Ehen, it wasn't that difficult, was it? Now, can I have her address, please?"

No comments:
Post a Comment