Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Call to Duty #14

"Babe,listen...I'm on my knees as you can see. It's the Devil,I fell, yes and I know that you have every right to do as you did. But I'll like you to remember how we began...you'll agree with me that it shouldn't end like this. Honey, please...."
"Hey Kole, please...did you remember how we started when you ripped her panties off or did you remember how we started when you were inside her?"
"Honey, it's the Devil,I'm sorry,please forgive me!"
"Ah, shut up! The Devil?"
"Yes, the Devil"
"The Devil my foot!Look, Kole, I think you have over stayed your welcome.Please leave!" Rachael declared. Kole stood up from his kneeling position trying to get hold of her. She slapped him
"Let me go,you fool! Get out!!!" Rachael screamed as she held the door opened for Kole. Kole looked at her as she stood by the door. He wasn't the type to cry, but he was obviously hurt too.He just walked out very slowly with his head down cast. He probably have lost out after all.

________________________________

Komolafe and Akanni were enjoying lunch at Akanni's house when Jamiu walked in looking very weak and hungry.
"Keji,please bring in more food o, Jamiu just showed up!"
"Yes o! Iyawo wa, I don land o,bring plenty plenty food for me!"
"Ah! Baba Oko mi, Akanni and Uncle Komolafe don finish the food o! But,I'm coming"
"Ehn, is that true Akanni?"
"Ehn...when we no quick see you nko?"
"Eheeen, Akanni, Komolafe, na so?"
"Na so!" Komolafe responded
"You better siddon chop, coz I go still chop o!"
"Ehn, chop, for wia?"
"I go surprise una today" Akanni was laughing all along, enjoying the comedy that his friends have put up.
"Guys, please, please, easy, Keji dey joki ni, food brekete for ground."
"Are you sure?" Jamiu asked
"No, he is not, he's guessing" Akanni started laughing again. Just then, Keji walked in with more food.
"Look Akanni, it's not funny fa!" Jamiu lamented
"Do I look like I'm laughing?" Komolafe responded. Jamiu suddenly went silent,Komolafe made  him a mockery face. He was caught unawares and knowing Komolafe so well, he could do this all day. Today is obviously not his day.
"Well done! 1 - 0!" Jamiu had said before he sat down.
"Ntoor! o dun un!" Komolafe said laughing hysterically as they all settled down to finish off the food.

15 minutes later....

"Ah...that was delicious. Of course, it is, this was why I asked Akanni to marry her, she's a blessed woman!" Jamiu commented
"Ehn, thank God you did. But my friend sef sabi say e no be easy thing to keep a woman like Keji given the economic situation he found himself!"
"Em, guys, please, that's enough. You are both right. I married the woman of my dreams despite the fact that I was not financially okay enough to do so. It's just that I couldn't bare loosing her to someone else over a temporary issue like money" Akanni said
"Ehen!" Jamiu interrupted
"Yes, but Komolafe was right as well, it was a very big and dangerous risk to marry a woman you cannot manage. Keji had confided in me only last night that she almost lost it considering the immense pressure she was exposed to from suitors and friends who were encouraging her to go wild" Akanni continued.
"This is why we are here. We are here to discuss our financial future. How can we ensure we no longer go bankrupt again?"
"Ah - ah! Akanni, we already have solution now" Jamiu answered
"Yes, Akanni, I mean look at you, you are a changed man, your wife respects you much more now. Personally, I think that has been the missing link all these time. we need to find a business that'll fetch us daily income like your vegetable farm." Komolafe added.
"Now, the question is which business shall we choose?" Jamiu queried.
"Food business!" Akanni answered bluntly.
"Ehn?!" Jamiu asked not sure if he had him well.
"Yes now, vegetable is just the beginning of good things to come for me and that does not stop you, Komolafe from engaging in trading in yams and you Jamiu, in beans!" Akanni explained.
"Hm!Akanni - kanni! The business consultant of our times!" Komolafe hails his friend who could not help but smile.
"Ehn...that wouldn't be hard for you and Komolafe, you already have the much needed capital, what of me, where am I getting the money from?"
"From us of course, who else?!" Komolafe bellowed.
"Hm! I don't understand..."
"What he's saying is that we are friends who knows one another too well not to help each other out. we shall raise the capital for you!"Akanni explains. Jamiu went down on his knees tearfully.
"Ha! My friends, I thank you so much for this very kind gesture of yours. May God continue to bless you and your family" He prayed.
"Ameen" They chorused while helping him to his feet.
"Now, get up and stop embarrassing us!" Komolafe scolded. They shook hands and hugged themselves.

To be continued on Saturday!


No comments:

Call To Duty #40

The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...