Monday, October 22, 2018

Call To Duty # 20

"Kabiyesi o!"
"Arise. Chairman, hope all is well? I'm surprised to see you."
"Yes, Kabiyesi, I know you'll be and sincerely, I've come to fight with you!"
"Fight, why, what have I done?"
"I can't believe that you are capable of embarking on such a big project like that without letting me know of it"
"Which project?"
"The Census, Kabiyesi! Do you think I will not know about it?" The Local Government Chairman lamented. The King laughed.
"The Census, is that why you are so angry? Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't know you'll have  the time for such petty issues. I mean I've sent several emissaries to your Secretariat, in fact, I had gone there personally severally and I'll be told you are unavailable. Each time, I left a message hinting as to how important the issue I have come to discuss with you is to me.I would wait, hoping to hear from you and I'll come around again....it's the same story recurring over and over again.This is why I decided to stop coming and find an alternative. To God be the Glory, Chairman, you heard of just the Census abi? Well, I can assure you, more are still to come!" The King responded. The Chairman was silent for a while.
"Ehn...Kabiyesi...I'm sorry...you see,I am always very busy. As a matter of fact, I just forced out sometime to come over..."
"To fight?!"
"Ah - ah, no ooo...haba! Fight ke? I was just joking.It's just that I was not happy...I felt shortchanged  when I heard that you're about to embark on the Census of the town without consulting with me first..."
"Must I consult with you?"
"Ehn..not really, Kabiyesi, but you know that we are closer to the government than you and ..."
"Leave that one,my friend! Was that not why I've been visiting your secretariat so often,did you attend to me?"
"Kabiyesi,I know I've offended you and I'm here to make amends...I..I'm sorry...so sorry!" The Chairman said remorseful bowing gently in his seat. The King was happy. He had won.
"It's okay. It's all over" he said proudly.
"Thank you very much sir,for your understanding and your fatherly pardon,may you reign forever!" The Chairman prayed. The King laughed.
"Ashe" he responded.

--------------------------------------------------

It has been 3 days since Lara and her friend spoke concerning husband and wife matter. Lara is still having sleepless nights over the matter. She's still not satisfied. So she had to bring it up again.
"Keji,are you not scared of a second wife?" Lara asked.
"Second wife,what second wife... Lara,what are you talking about?"
"Akanni...should Akanni marry a second wife,how are you going to take it?" Lara asked directly. Keji,paused a bit to think about it. 
"I'll take it in good faith"
"Ehn,in good what? We are talking of a second woman in the house! God forbid!" Lara said. Keji smiled.
"If Akanni takes up another wife,I'll gladly welcome her to the house...after all 'Ka rin ka po,yiye ni nyeni'" Keji replied.
* It means that it pays to have more people around*
"Hey...Keji, I pity you!"
"Ehn,what do you want me to do about it? When a man is rich and bouyant enough,he marries a second,third even a fourth wife. It's not a new thing now!"
"Ha! Keji,do you know what you are saying?"
"I know exactly what I'm saying. I need help with Akanni...he's so demanding"
"Demanding...what could he possibly be demanding that you can't afford to give?"
"Sex!" Keji responded almost instantly. There was a momentary silence. Then the duo bursted into laughter.
"Whenever we are alone like this,he'll do it over and over again. When I asked if he'll get weary of sex. He said my body won't let that happen"
"Hmmm?"
"He said I'm so sexy that he feels like doing it all the time"
"Swear!"
"I swear!"
"Hey! That's serious!"
"Walahi" Keji confirms. There was another moment of silence.
"Well...can't you talk this over with him?"
"With who,as how,that he should stop being romantic or he should stop admiring me? No now,I can't do that. I can only speak out when I'm not in the mood which is very rare...make I no lie you,Akanni handles his business very well...so well that you'll wish to continue even when your body obviously have had enough!" Keji explained.
"I love him for that!"
"Wow!"
"Yes o!"
"Do you know that you'll be missing all that if he gets married to another woman?"
"No,I won't. The last thing Akanni would do is deny you your rights. He gives what is due to me even when there's a misunderstanding between us. I once asked him about it. Do you know what he said?"
"No,you tell me"
"He said that he would be queried by God if he doesn't do it"
"Ehn?!"
"Yes o! As you can now see,there's no reason why I would discourage him from taking up another wife. There are many reasons why I'll rather encourage than discourage him."
"Really?"
"Yes!"
"Enlighten me please!" Lara asked mockingly 
"Okay. My baby boy is now 3 years old and my eldest son is 12. If he gets married to another woman now,one,I shall be relieved of the sexual burden to a very high extent,two, I won't be cooking everyday anymore. I would gladly shed 4 days to the new wife which is fair enough. That's a lot of free time I can either spend resting or doing more business... I could go back to school and pick up a career of my choice....there are so many possibilities and positivities for me to turn it down. It's going to be a win-win situation all the way. Polygamy is not a curse...it all depends on how you see and take it. It can be a curse and it can be a source of blessings in abundance!" Keji explained. Her friend was watching in awe. Her friend,Keji is now a pro in marital matters and she didn't know.
"Wait a minute. Where did you learn all that stuff?" Lara inquired . Keji smiled.
"From my Grandma,an experienced wife in and from a polygamous family" Keji replied proudly.
"Hmm! No wonder!" Lara exclaimed. Keji laughed.
"So what you are saying is that you don't fear being abandoned by your husband or outperformed by the new wife?" Lara wanted to confirm.
"No. He won't abandon me because I'm  an attention seeker. If she outperforms me,I'll be very happy because I won't be missed badly when I'm away.I can concentrate on what I'll be doing and would only come around when I'm in need of that thing"
"Hey! Keji,I fear you o!"
"Why now?"
"You are so,so deep!" Lara said. Keji laughed.
"You blame me? No be my fault na,I have to be if I must enjoy life. Thanks to Grandma who has taken me up in her wings of experience!"

To be continued on Saturday!


No comments:

Call To Duty #40

The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...