Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Call To Duty #17

Barely 4 weeks after the meeting in the Palace, the King had summoned the Youth leader to ask about the situation of things. He had given the order for the implementation of the Corper's fundraiser strategy which was so appealing that even he, himself had put in money.
The Corper had suggested a couple of town hall meetings in which the Corper had done a good job at arousing the public's interest in community development service and had given several examples of communities that run based on this system of development. The Corper had done this with the aid and contribution of the Professor who was more than ready to make a difference. They had just concluded the exercise only in the immediate past weekend. The King wants to know how the donations are going especially the one from indigenes in the diaspora.
"Kabiyesi o!"
"Aremu, how are you?"
"I'm fine, Kabiyesi, I saw the Messenger. He said you asked that I come immediately, hope all is well, Kabiyesi?" The Youth leader asked.
"Tor! You know about the latest happenings and I want to believe that you already know why I seek your presence at this time of the day"
"Kabiyesi...is it about the Fundraiser?"
"Yes, of course! How is it coming up, can we meet up?" The King asked looking a little worried. The Youth leader laughed.
"Kabiyesi, please don't be alarmed, everything is working out as expected...as a matter of fact, Kabiyesi, it's moving much faster than we expected. If you can re-call, Kabiyesi, the Corper had proposed that we raise our target so that we won't fall anywhere short?"
"Yes, I do?"
"Well, Kabiyesi, I'm very happy to tell you that we already have over Nine million Naira in our account and if the feedback from the Fundraiser system of the Corper is anything to go by, we shall be hitting, at least...fifty million"
"Fifty million!" The King exclaimed but quickly covered his mouth just after saying it loud.
"Fifty million Naira?" he whispered. Aremu laughed in amusement
"Yes, Kabiyesi, fifty million Naira"
"Wow! That's a lot of money!"
"Yes sir" Aremu responded. The King gestured that he moves closer.
"This must be a secret between us...me, the Corper and you!" the King whispered
"Yes sir"
"Not even the Balogun should hear of this, understand?"
"Yes sir"
"I want you to go fetch me the Corper, work should begin immediately!"
"Yes sir"
"Go, go go!"
"Yes sir...Kaaabiyesi o!"
"Rise and leave at once!"
"Yes sir!"
'Finally! It is happening...thank you God for sending me the Corper as a guiding angel...ha! Thank you Lord!' the King thought to himself as he leans back in his throne.


___________________________________________

"Hey! Akanni mi nikan sho-sho!" Keji had run to welcome her husband home. Akanni was pleasantly surprised. 'So she misses me! That's cool...very cool' He thought as he drops his luggage to welcome his darling wife in his arms. Keji gave him a warm hug that made his 'joystick' jump in his trousers. She kissed him passionately.
"Oh, Akanni, I missed you!"
"I missed you too, how is everything, how are you?" He asked
"Tor, I thank God, I'm fine. Did you miss me?"
"Of course I did, as a matter of fact, the past few days had been torturing...ask my friends, I was home sick!" He replied. Keji loved this response, it was what she hoped to hear.
"Oooooh, really?" she asked as she runs her right hand through Akanni's hair
"Yes..." Akanni affirms as he tries to conceal the ever increasing bulge in his trousers. Keji noticed soon enough. she laughed.
"You never change" She commented with a knowing smile. Akanni made her a face suggesting he's embarrassed.
"Come, let me take this" She said as she reached for his luggage.
"Thank you, babe" Keji looked back at him, smiled as she entered.

___________________________________________

"Good afternoon sir"
"Ah, Rhoda, how are you?"
"Fine sir, and you sir?"
"Oh, thank God. Wait a minute, sit down, I'll like to have a word with you"
"Okay sir, hope no problem sir?'
"mmm...not much. Rhoda, what is this that I hear about you?"
"What sir?"
"You and Corper Kole" Adisa inquired. Although a little worried, Rhoda flashed a smile
"Oh, that sir, so I heard too sir"
"Mmm, so you heard?"
"Yes sir...it...it...never happened" Rhoda stammered. Adisa giggled.
"Rhoda...hmmm...well, let me just let you in on some very important things you might not know"
"Okay sir" Rhoda responded as she sat up to listen.
"You see, Rhoda, to say the fact, you are a beautiful girl" Adisa started. Rhoda smiled pleasantly.
"Thank you sir"
"It's okay.But, you know, just like the flower, a women is....she sprouts open up her petals and glows to the admiration of the world."
"Yes sir" Rhoda agrees still smiling
"But, the unfortunate thing about the flower is that, just about the time it's noticed and cherished...as in, at its peak of fame, it withers away giving room for a fruit to develop in it stead." Adisa continued. Rhoda's smile faded.
"In the same way, a woman gradually looses her beauty as she ages. With time, she marries, bear children and settles down to the responsibility of motherhood and a good loyal wife" Adisa illustrates. By this time Rhoda was becoming uncomfortable.
"If you have messed up your life with extra marital sex, you might just not get to a chance of a settle home. This is because there are very good chances that you either get infected or get impregnated. When either of these happens to you,a blissful married life becomes elusive. That's the way it is" Adisa explains.He raises the head of Rhoda which was down cast in shame.
"Rhoda, you are like my kid sister, considering your staggering beauty, everyone shall come crawling on their kneels to have a feel of you...even if it's just a few minutes of touching, kissing and romancing....girl, you are not just beautiful but sexy!" Adisa said. Rhoda stole a gaze at him and looked away smile shyly.
"This is the more reason you'll have to be very careful with the way you comport yourself.You need to watch what you wear, how you walk...you may want to downplay your beauty and focus on your academics for now."
"down play my beauty...how?" Rhoda asked. Adisa sighed.
"You down play on your beauty when you change your slim fitted uniform for a moderate and less revealing one, you down play on your beauty when you pay les attention to admirers and more to your studies,you downplay on your beauty when you spend your nights reading instead of hanging out with friends...the list goes on and on"
"Hmmm...." she sighed.
"Rhoda, only responsible men...men that are ready to settle down would come for you when you downplay on your beauty...they are the only ones that can see through all the bulky clothing you might be wearing...please think about what I have said, put it in practice so that people may start to respect you. People respect only those who respect themselves. Wearing it skimpy is a disrespect that you inflict on yourself and people would follow suit in disrespecting you. I rest my case for now" Adisa concluded. Rhoda was speechless for a moment.
"Tha..thank you sir...I promise to change sir. I...I...thank you sir" She stammered
"It's okay Rhoda, I understand and I know that you've been acting ignorantly. But, thank God you now know better,my prayer is that God should see you through the transition you plan to make"
"Amen sir....I want to take leave sir"
"It's okay, you can go"
"Okay sir, bye sir"
"Bye"  Just as Rhoda took her leave, Shade showed up.
"What's up,how far?"
"not too far jare, how has been your day?"
"Fine o. we thank God...what were you doing with Rhoda?"
"Ah....just a heart to heart discussion. That's all"
"Hmmm, are you sure?"
"Ah-ah, what do you take me for sef?" Adisa queried. Shade gave  him a mockery look. Adisa understood and laughed.
"Listen...look here,I'm not Kole...everyone can not be a Kole"
"Tor, if you say so!"
"I know so!" adisa boasted
"Hmmm....can we go?"
"Yes...just give me a sec..."

To be continued on Saturday!

No comments:

Call To Duty #40

The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...