"Kaabiyesi o!"
"Rise"
"Thank you, your highness"
"Corper, you amuse me"
"How sir?" Adisa asked looking very concerned.
"Relax...it's okay. I'm just surprised as to your level of intelligence and the kind of confidence with which you comport yourself"The King explained. Adise heaved a sigh of relief.
"You see....I honestly don't know how to put it. You are like a God sent agent of progress.I don't know...have you had this plan in place before you were reportd to me or what...I mean...I just don't understand. This plan of yours is working out like magic!" The King continued. The Chiefs and Adisa laughed.
"Sir....to be honest, I've been nursing this idea right from school. I've always took pride in what I have and feel very embarrassed with the way we, Nigerians struggle tooth and nail seeking the so called greener pastures abroad. 'Coz, to me, Nigeria is far more blessed than those places. On thinking about the missing link, I realized that they, Westerners, take pride in what they have and do all they can to upgrade it all the time so that they may never have to depend on others, rather, the World should depend on them. Ever since I realized this, I've been developing models of development that's people oriented. Whenever I enter a new town, the first that comes to my mind is to propose the very best developmental model for the town. This was why I was talking so passionately about the town when I was caught. I've had this plan ready barely a week I entered Ijinle town. I asked about the town from teachers in the Community school who spoke freely about the town and it's current challenges.So, I was quick in getting a model in place" The Corper explained. Everyone present were thrilled to the bones.They couldn't believe what they've just heard.
"Wow!" The King broke the silence as he started clapping for the Corper. Everyone else joined him.
"Honestly, I never thought your type still exist. A Nigerian youth taking pride in his country's development...that's amazing!" The King commended.
"Well, people, there goes a lesson for everyone. If only we would appreciate our God given gifts enough to look inwards for the solutions we seek from people are not one of us and therefore, care less about us." The King continued. Everyone on seat nodded in agreement.
"according to the Youth leader, the Fundraiser system has been fruitful and the donations are already coming in. as we speak, I'm happy to inform you that we have enough to commence the Census!" The King announced and everyone applauded it.
"Corper"
"Sir, on behalf of the People of Ijinle town, I say 'Thank you'. Thank you for being so generous, thank you for being so compassionate, thank you for showing us the way....we honestly can't thank enough. Thank you, you so,so much...we really appreciate it!" The King concluded. The Corper was so glad that the King was done. He had been looking at the faces of his subjects who wre looking at the way and manner the King was showing gratitude to him. Some would gaze at him momentarily as if they need assurance that he hasn't bewitched their King. They probably haven't seen him do that before. The King seem to have noticed too.
"My people, you don't understand, I know...I only wish you know how valuable and inspiring the Corper's plan has been to me. I only got more inspired and elated just about now that he had revealed how he had been doing this everywhere he goes. What this simply means is that the Corper has a very good big heart...are alike in so many ways. Finally, I've found my type. all these time, I thought I was the only in the world that thinks the way I do. But,now, I'm glad to see that I'm not mad or abnormal. I'm just as normal as anyone else! Corper, thank you for coming to our rescue" The Kind said as he hugs the Corper who is so pleasantly shocked
________________________________________
Akanni, Komolafe and Jamiu, asusual have converged in the evening at Akanni's vulcanizer's spot under the tree.
"Akanni, how was the journey?"
"We thank God, it was quite enlightening and blissful"
"Enlightening you say?' Komolafe asked.
"Yes, I mean how do I qualify and experience that makes me things in some very different ways to the way I've been looking at them all my life?" Akanni asked.
"What happened, is it a bad idea to start a business afterall.....abeg, yearn us tory...all these suspense, I no dey gbadun them Wallahi!" Jamiu protested.
"No o! It is never a bad idea to start one's business in fact, from this journey, I learnt that it was the delay that was wrong!" Akanni informed his friends.
"Guys, honestly, we have been dulling ourselves lying idly here in Ijinle. Go to the state Capital go see how money dey fly around like flies!"
"Ehn" Jamiu commented
"Yes o!"
"Hey, hey! Abegi leave all that and let's talk better. We know that before now, is that not why we have decided that you embark on the journey in the first place?' Komolafe interrupted.
"I'm sorry I was just thrilled by what I discovered. My friends, this journey has really, really opened my eyes and mind. Instead of just going to the market to inquire about the prices, I went a little bit further by asking for the hot spots in town. My friends come see how many I got...there are dozens of such places. I decided to confirm the stories by visiting those places. You won't believe it,vegetables were selling for thrice the price I sell them!"
"Really, how about fish?" Jamiu inquired.
"That one, na jackpot! Rice too na die!" Akanni confirmed to his friends who jumped in excitement hailing him.
"Okay, okay, guys, when are we setting out?" Komolafe asked his very excited friends.
"Which kain question be that, who no want money? Next week of course!" Jamiu said.
"Yes, yes, next week...do we all agree?' Akanni asked.
"Yes" was the chorus from Komolafe and Akanni.
_____________________________________
Ever since the break up, Kole had not been himself. He has been living in the Shadow of himself. He was no longer active in school, even in the Corper's lodge, he just lock himself up after school. This has made the break up a popular gossip topic in town. Kole doesn't care, he has enough troubles of his own to bother about what people are saying.
He sits at his desk in school very early on Friday morning staring at the empty space in front of him. For while now, he's the first to get to school and he does nothing but just stare into space. Rachael was the first person to show up this particular morning.
"Good morning" she greeted but there was no response
"Morning" she greeted again still no answer. Rachael was surprised, she tapped him on the leg.
"Kole!" She shouted, Kole jolted back to life
"Hmmm, hmmm?!"
"Are you alright?" Rachael inquired. Kole wiped his face with his hands.
"Yes, yes I...I...am fine, thank you!" Kole responded and sat up on his seat. Rachael, felt sorry for him and looked around to see if there is anything she can do to help.
"I can see that you haven't marked the test scripts"
"Yea, yea.....I'm just about to get started with it"
"Why don't you let help with that"
"No,no, no it's okay I..."
"I insist....just make the marking scheme and let me help with it....please!"
"Alright"
"Thank you" Rachael smiled. Kole could only manage a flashing smile along with a sigh.
To be continued on Monday!
"Rise"
"Thank you, your highness"
"Corper, you amuse me"
"How sir?" Adisa asked looking very concerned.
"Relax...it's okay. I'm just surprised as to your level of intelligence and the kind of confidence with which you comport yourself"The King explained. Adise heaved a sigh of relief.
"You see....I honestly don't know how to put it. You are like a God sent agent of progress.I don't know...have you had this plan in place before you were reportd to me or what...I mean...I just don't understand. This plan of yours is working out like magic!" The King continued. The Chiefs and Adisa laughed.
"Sir....to be honest, I've been nursing this idea right from school. I've always took pride in what I have and feel very embarrassed with the way we, Nigerians struggle tooth and nail seeking the so called greener pastures abroad. 'Coz, to me, Nigeria is far more blessed than those places. On thinking about the missing link, I realized that they, Westerners, take pride in what they have and do all they can to upgrade it all the time so that they may never have to depend on others, rather, the World should depend on them. Ever since I realized this, I've been developing models of development that's people oriented. Whenever I enter a new town, the first that comes to my mind is to propose the very best developmental model for the town. This was why I was talking so passionately about the town when I was caught. I've had this plan ready barely a week I entered Ijinle town. I asked about the town from teachers in the Community school who spoke freely about the town and it's current challenges.So, I was quick in getting a model in place" The Corper explained. Everyone present were thrilled to the bones.They couldn't believe what they've just heard.
"Wow!" The King broke the silence as he started clapping for the Corper. Everyone else joined him.
"Honestly, I never thought your type still exist. A Nigerian youth taking pride in his country's development...that's amazing!" The King commended.
"Well, people, there goes a lesson for everyone. If only we would appreciate our God given gifts enough to look inwards for the solutions we seek from people are not one of us and therefore, care less about us." The King continued. Everyone on seat nodded in agreement.
"according to the Youth leader, the Fundraiser system has been fruitful and the donations are already coming in. as we speak, I'm happy to inform you that we have enough to commence the Census!" The King announced and everyone applauded it.
"Corper"
"Sir, on behalf of the People of Ijinle town, I say 'Thank you'. Thank you for being so generous, thank you for being so compassionate, thank you for showing us the way....we honestly can't thank enough. Thank you, you so,so much...we really appreciate it!" The King concluded. The Corper was so glad that the King was done. He had been looking at the faces of his subjects who wre looking at the way and manner the King was showing gratitude to him. Some would gaze at him momentarily as if they need assurance that he hasn't bewitched their King. They probably haven't seen him do that before. The King seem to have noticed too.
"My people, you don't understand, I know...I only wish you know how valuable and inspiring the Corper's plan has been to me. I only got more inspired and elated just about now that he had revealed how he had been doing this everywhere he goes. What this simply means is that the Corper has a very good big heart...are alike in so many ways. Finally, I've found my type. all these time, I thought I was the only in the world that thinks the way I do. But,now, I'm glad to see that I'm not mad or abnormal. I'm just as normal as anyone else! Corper, thank you for coming to our rescue" The Kind said as he hugs the Corper who is so pleasantly shocked
________________________________________
Akanni, Komolafe and Jamiu, asusual have converged in the evening at Akanni's vulcanizer's spot under the tree.
"Akanni, how was the journey?"
"We thank God, it was quite enlightening and blissful"
"Enlightening you say?' Komolafe asked.
"Yes, I mean how do I qualify and experience that makes me things in some very different ways to the way I've been looking at them all my life?" Akanni asked.
"What happened, is it a bad idea to start a business afterall.....abeg, yearn us tory...all these suspense, I no dey gbadun them Wallahi!" Jamiu protested.
"No o! It is never a bad idea to start one's business in fact, from this journey, I learnt that it was the delay that was wrong!" Akanni informed his friends.
"Guys, honestly, we have been dulling ourselves lying idly here in Ijinle. Go to the state Capital go see how money dey fly around like flies!"
"Ehn" Jamiu commented
"Yes o!"
"Hey, hey! Abegi leave all that and let's talk better. We know that before now, is that not why we have decided that you embark on the journey in the first place?' Komolafe interrupted.
"I'm sorry I was just thrilled by what I discovered. My friends, this journey has really, really opened my eyes and mind. Instead of just going to the market to inquire about the prices, I went a little bit further by asking for the hot spots in town. My friends come see how many I got...there are dozens of such places. I decided to confirm the stories by visiting those places. You won't believe it,vegetables were selling for thrice the price I sell them!"
"Really, how about fish?" Jamiu inquired.
"That one, na jackpot! Rice too na die!" Akanni confirmed to his friends who jumped in excitement hailing him.
"Okay, okay, guys, when are we setting out?" Komolafe asked his very excited friends.
"Which kain question be that, who no want money? Next week of course!" Jamiu said.
"Yes, yes, next week...do we all agree?' Akanni asked.
"Yes" was the chorus from Komolafe and Akanni.
_____________________________________
Ever since the break up, Kole had not been himself. He has been living in the Shadow of himself. He was no longer active in school, even in the Corper's lodge, he just lock himself up after school. This has made the break up a popular gossip topic in town. Kole doesn't care, he has enough troubles of his own to bother about what people are saying.
He sits at his desk in school very early on Friday morning staring at the empty space in front of him. For while now, he's the first to get to school and he does nothing but just stare into space. Rachael was the first person to show up this particular morning.
"Good morning" she greeted but there was no response
"Morning" she greeted again still no answer. Rachael was surprised, she tapped him on the leg.
"Kole!" She shouted, Kole jolted back to life
"Hmmm, hmmm?!"
"Are you alright?" Rachael inquired. Kole wiped his face with his hands.
"Yes, yes I...I...am fine, thank you!" Kole responded and sat up on his seat. Rachael, felt sorry for him and looked around to see if there is anything she can do to help.
"I can see that you haven't marked the test scripts"
"Yea, yea.....I'm just about to get started with it"
"Why don't you let help with that"
"No,no, no it's okay I..."
"I insist....just make the marking scheme and let me help with it....please!"
"Alright"
"Thank you" Rachael smiled. Kole could only manage a flashing smile along with a sigh.
To be continued on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment