Monday, July 30, 2018

Call to Duty #11

Adisa is now the talk of the town. He doesn't go unnoticed,it's as if there's a spotlight on him where ever he goes.But, within him,he doesn't know what to feel. Whether to feel lucky or to be scared.He just feels somewhat at ease.
He's going to take his time to plan this mission,there is absolutely no room for failure.He sat down there thinking about it and didn't notice the entrance of Shade.
"Adisa...Adisa" Shade shook him to reality.
"Hmm...Hmm!"
"Adisa,what's the problem?"
"Problem? There's no problem"
"Are you sure,why are you brooding?" Shade queried looking worried. Adisa laughed.
"I'm not brooding but meditating...there's a big difference between them you know?"
"Yes, but..." Adisa moved over to her side and put a hand around her neck.
"Shade,don't you worry,it's gonna be okay...I got this...okay? I got this!" Shade was more than happy to see Adisa sitting so close to her. She wished he wouldn't stand up again or better still,he should move closer and take her up in his arms.
_________________________________________

"Akanni-kanni,Okun-in meta ogun! Happen na?"
"Ah! Jaamiu! It's being a while bro,how life na?"
"I'm fine o!Ah-Ah,Akkani,what's happening na,I mean what's the secret to your new disposition,I gbadun your new lifestyle o!"
"Ehn? I don become superstar now abi?"
"Ehn,that kain thing...something like that sha?!"
"Tor! I don't know...except that I'm having a really good time with my wife"
"Ehn? Your wife...Keji?"
"Who else?"
"Ehn? That's serious!"
"Na so I see am o! Just a little cash...I mean just a little steady flow of income and I have my wife and home back" Akanni started.
"Are you wondering how?"
"How?" Jamiu was curious.
"Thank you. Doi you remember when you came to my shop and I was brooding that Komolafe was reaigning all sorts of insult on me?"
"Yes,yes,I remember"
"I wasn't really brooding,I was actually trying to find a long lasting solution to my financial problems.Thank God,I eventually found one 3 days after that day
"Eeehn?"
"Yes o! It was Iya Yetunde the pepper seller that returned from the market.As I watched pay her transport fare back home,I wished I had just a fraction of the kind of money she was handling that day.As in she took the money out from a bundle of several bundles she had tied together" Akanni paused to take a deep breath. His friend listened attentively.
"It was funny,very funny.So many thoughts came gushing in but the most interesting of all was the  question that popped into my mind...Jamiu would you like to know the One million Naira question?" His friend could only nod his head in response.
"The question was 'If iya Yetunde would make so much money on daily basis from pepper,how much morte would she make if she adds vegetables to her business?' Suddenly,I wondered what I was doing thinking about Iya Yetunde's business when mine wasn't moving,it was there and then it struck me that I could actually make a little change for myself regularly from selling vegetables."
"Vegetables,you mean 'efo'?" Jamiu was surprised.
"Yes,'efo','ewedu' ugwu' and even tomatoes!" Jamiu was shocked
"Have you started?"
"Which kain question be dat? I just told you it's the secret to my new looks"
"But...but..."
"Jamiu,it's like you don't believe me"
"It's not like that...it's just that...ah...'efo'?" Akanni laughed and brought out a bundle of cash.Jamiu's eyes popped out in astonishment
"Akanni! Money,owo,ego!"
"Na so o! Na 'efo' money you dey see so o!" Jamiu had counted the money.
"Akanni, N15 000...as in N15 000 from vegetables? Haba,my friend e no good o!"
"Wetin?"
"So, all this while,you've coooool cash and you no tell us ehn, Akanni!"
"Eh-eh,abegi!leave that o!If na you I sabi how you go do am o!"
"Wetin...wetin! O'boy,we go chop am together o!"
"Chop wetin? Chop fire!!!" Jamiu has sensed that had lost it...he's very angry and it's last he needs now.
"Hey...hey cool down,no be fight na...calm down make we talk" he said as he settles in a seat.
"Akanni,honestly,I thank God for you,but,you know,this success of yours cannot be complete without us your friends...I mean Komolafe and I. Guy,you can't leave us like this na,help us,ehn,teach us how to fish too na,ehn,please!" Jamiu pleaded. Akanni sighed deeply.
"Jamiu,I understand how you feel and I shall demand for help too,but,not in the way you have gone about it...NEVER!"
"I said I'm sorry...I'm sorry!"
"Okay,no problem,I shall bring you in and we shall workk together until you guys can stand on your own."
"Oshe Ore mi!"
"But,it would have to be in a different trade"
"Haba,Akanni..."
"I know what I'm saying and I can assure you that you'll make it in the businesses"
"Ehn? Businesses?"
"Yes,businesses...from my little experience,it's much safer for friends to do different businesses than engage in the same time of business"
"Hmmm...I understand. So when shall we start?"
"We can start immediately,but,first,let me show you my little garden where the money is coming from". 

No comments:

Call To Duty #40

The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...