"Good Morning sir"
"Morning Sarah, how was your night?"
"Oh, splendid sir and yours sir"
"Okay, it's good to note. What can I do for you? As you can see, I'm kind of busy...very busy."
"Oh, sorry sir. I didn't mean to disturb...I'm here to apologize to you."
"Apologize...for what?" Kole demanded. Sarah was a little hesitant. Kole's facial expression was scary.
"It's okay...it's okay. What are you apologizing for?"
"Sir, I think it's obvious...we didn't mean to break your relationship with..."
"Apologies accepted"
"Sir?"
"You heard me. I forgive you, would you forgive me too?" Kole asked with a smile.
"Sir? You didn't offend us..."
"Oh, yes, I did and I'm truly sorry, please find it in your hearts to forgive me"
"Really?"
"Yes." Kole assures her. Sarah almost jumped for joy. She quickly called to Rhoda and Janet.
"You didn't tell me they came with you?"
"They did sir, we didn't know how you'll take the matter sir...that's why I came alone initially" Sarah explains. Kole laughed. Just about the same time, Rachael walked into the Staff room. The girls went jittery a little. Initially she frowned her face but on looking at Kole who gestured for her show restraint. This was what calmed her down. She walked past them and went straight to Kole and kissed him on his lips. The girls were shocked, Kole, too was surprised. Now, it was clear to the girls why Kole was so much at ease and was able to forgive them so quickly.
__________________________________________________
"Keji, a customer needs some of your containers. She promised to return them early tomorrow."
"Okay...but...tomorrow sha....mmmm....okay no problem, I'll see how I can manage without them today"
"I trust you, you can do anything for a customer"
"Yes o, they are our kings and queens, as a loyal servant, I can't afford not to please them." Keji smiled. Her friend winked laughing.
"Keji"
"Hmmm"
"I heard that your husband and his friends have gone to the city seeking greener pastures"
"That's true, I thought I told you about it"
"No, you didn't. But my concern is that joint ventures...."
"Don't you worry about that. Akanni had taken that to consideration.He had made sure that they are not trading in the same commodity for the same reason. When I asked him,he said that there are only two things that would bring them together, are transportation and acomodation. He said he would major only in vegetables and fruits in the nearest future while Jamiu would go for fish and Komolafe rice"
"Ehn? That's very good o!"
"Yes o"
"But why the city, why not right here in our town?" Lara inquired.
"Haba! Why are you talking like this, you mean to tell me that you don't know that farm products are hot cakes when they get to the city,how much do you expect him to make from vegetables in this town of ours where there so many that have a little garden of their own where they they have planted their own vegetables? In the city, no one has that time, even when they do,the Land is too expensive for them to make profit quick enough from planting vegetables. This is not to mention that most people in the city see farming as a venture illiterates." Keji explains
"Morning Sarah, how was your night?"
"Oh, splendid sir and yours sir"
"Okay, it's good to note. What can I do for you? As you can see, I'm kind of busy...very busy."
"Oh, sorry sir. I didn't mean to disturb...I'm here to apologize to you."
"Apologize...for what?" Kole demanded. Sarah was a little hesitant. Kole's facial expression was scary.
"It's okay...it's okay. What are you apologizing for?"
"Sir, I think it's obvious...we didn't mean to break your relationship with..."
"Apologies accepted"
"Sir?"
"You heard me. I forgive you, would you forgive me too?" Kole asked with a smile.
"Sir? You didn't offend us..."
"Oh, yes, I did and I'm truly sorry, please find it in your hearts to forgive me"
"Really?"
"Yes." Kole assures her. Sarah almost jumped for joy. She quickly called to Rhoda and Janet.
"You didn't tell me they came with you?"
"They did sir, we didn't know how you'll take the matter sir...that's why I came alone initially" Sarah explains. Kole laughed. Just about the same time, Rachael walked into the Staff room. The girls went jittery a little. Initially she frowned her face but on looking at Kole who gestured for her show restraint. This was what calmed her down. She walked past them and went straight to Kole and kissed him on his lips. The girls were shocked, Kole, too was surprised. Now, it was clear to the girls why Kole was so much at ease and was able to forgive them so quickly.
__________________________________________________
"Keji, a customer needs some of your containers. She promised to return them early tomorrow."
"Okay...but...tomorrow sha....mmmm....okay no problem, I'll see how I can manage without them today"
"I trust you, you can do anything for a customer"
"Yes o, they are our kings and queens, as a loyal servant, I can't afford not to please them." Keji smiled. Her friend winked laughing.
"Keji"
"Hmmm"
"I heard that your husband and his friends have gone to the city seeking greener pastures"
"That's true, I thought I told you about it"
"No, you didn't. But my concern is that joint ventures...."
"Don't you worry about that. Akanni had taken that to consideration.He had made sure that they are not trading in the same commodity for the same reason. When I asked him,he said that there are only two things that would bring them together, are transportation and acomodation. He said he would major only in vegetables and fruits in the nearest future while Jamiu would go for fish and Komolafe rice"
"Ehn? That's very good o!"
"Yes o"
"But why the city, why not right here in our town?" Lara inquired.
"Haba! Why are you talking like this, you mean to tell me that you don't know that farm products are hot cakes when they get to the city,how much do you expect him to make from vegetables in this town of ours where there so many that have a little garden of their own where they they have planted their own vegetables? In the city, no one has that time, even when they do,the Land is too expensive for them to make profit quick enough from planting vegetables. This is not to mention that most people in the city see farming as a venture illiterates." Keji explains
" Hmmm...that's true. But,what about his vulcanizing business? It will suffer fa!"
"Let it suffer,my friend, let it suffer! No be you be this,how much does make from it? So many times,my husband comes home empty handed. I have to come out of the pocket if we must not go to bed with empty stomachs." Keji retorted.
"Hmmm...I see"
"My friend,look at me now,just take a good look at me,am I not looking different now?"
"Yes,you are."
"That's because I now enjoy my husband and he enjoys me too. As we speak today,he's a man of means. We eat well now and have the time to sit down and discuss issues...sometimes it is in bed after a couple of rounds...you know?" Keji added winking at her friend.
"Hey! My friend! I trust you!!" Lara commented as she slams her a friend a hi five.
"So,my friend let it suffer while we enjoy" Keji concluded.
"Ehn...but,how long does he stay in the city. It's quite obvious that he's not home,is he?" Lara queried
"No,he isn't. Initially he goes and come back the same day. However,that's going to change now. He'll be in the city for 3 days in a week." Keji replied.
"Is that not too much?"
"Too much? I don't think so o. We have seven days in a week. My man goes to work for 3 full days and he'll be home for the remaining 4 days. To me,it's not too much"
"You don't understand ...this one that he has money now...eh-hen...don't you thinking..."
"That what, infidelity?"
"Yes,of course!" Lara answered firmly. Keji laughed.
"Who cares about that, oh, you think you can stop a man from womanizing? That's impossible..."
"It is possible...very possible" Lara interrupted
"I know it is when you are desperate to do so. But,let me ask you, how many women does well in managing things after turning their husbands into dummies?"
"I didn't say anything about turning one's husbands into dummies..."
"My sister,let me tell you the truth. Life is far more enjoyed when things take their natural causes. It's only natural that a man has full control of his home and his life. The moment a woman takes charge, there's a problem..."
"What problem,what are you talking about,why must it be the man all the time,what makes you think a woman too cannot do well as the head of the family...or even better? It's in Africa slaving for men...always taking orders!"
"Yes! That's the natural cause..."
"No,it's not,we are only made to think so. I mean look at the Oyinbo people,look at their land,they are the best people in the world...they are what they are today because they allow women to aspire and do as they wish just like men!" Lara argues. Her friend took a pause,looked at her for a while.
"How many of those women are happily married?" Keji asked.
"Ehn?"
"I asked how many of those women that are standing up to men are married?" Repeated the question. Her friend took a pause.
"What does it matter?"
"It matters a lot. If you get pregnant out of wedlock, you are a whore and your child a bastard"
"Who cares? We are in the civilized world...the Jet age. There are so many single mums today..."
"Who are all out preying on other women's husbands. They can't stay under a man, but,they have sex partners. Sex partners who have wives and children at home to cater for."
"No,I disagree with you. Most times,it's the men that come for them?"
"And why can't they say no?"
"Of course,they do,but...it's the men that keeps on pressing"
"They should report them to the Police!"
"Ehn?!"
"Yes now! When a person keeps on harrassing you,what do u do? You report him of course!" Keji affirmed. Lara was silent.
"Truth be told. Men need women and women need men. It's useless to deny this. The only legal way to have a man is to get married to one and if you must keep the relationship, you must acceptand respect the man as the head. If you have a complaint,present it humbly to him. If he bullies you and you don't want it to repeat itself,don't stand up to him,rather,play the weaker sex thing...stand up in the middle of the night and cry by his side. That's how he would listen and make amends. When you stand up to him,he get offended that you question his authority. So,he wouldn't listen. His main aim would be to subdue you by all means. Now,if all these does not go well with you then remain single and do not disturb or accept the husbands of those women that putting up with all the trials of marital life!" Keji concluded. Lara was still silent. She was looking at her friend all the while.
"Ehn-hen. Watch what you do to your husband so that no evil may befall you son or sons. He is someone's son...if you overwhelm him financially just because you don't want him to marry another wife,remember that your son would get married too!" Keji added as she stood up to get more palm oil.
To be continued on Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment