In just 3 weeks after the announcement, people have started asking where and when they could start paying the Royal levy. The King was impressed and had summoned the Corper, Balogun, the Youth leader and the Professor to an emergency meeting. Balogun suggested that the Iyalode too be included and the king sent for her.
"My people, with a very light and glad heart do I announce the pleasant surprise I've been experiencing in the past few days."
"Pleasant surprise? Kabiyesi, we are all ears and ready to celebrate with you. Please, tell us all about it" Iyalode urged the King.
"Hmmm...thank you very much Iyalode. People of all works of life have been coming to the Palace to pay solidarity visits to me and have been expressing their readiness to play their part by paying the Royal fee. The surprising part of it all is that when I responded that we are still working on it, they'll urge me to ensure that the payment begin as soon as possible!" The King narrated. Everyone laughed.
"Kabiyesi! I thought I was the only one being confronted, I never knew that they have been coming here too" Balogun said
"They have o! They have and I've been getting a little jittery myself because I know fully well that we have not done anything in that regard and these people are wishing we should start collecting the revenues immediately"
"Well, Kabiyesi, let's kick it off this very minute!" The Professor suggested.
"How???" The King queried. The Professor turned to the Youth leader.
"Olori Odo, please, go to my house and tell my wife to hand over my laptop to you..."
"What for?" The King asked
"For Drafting the necessary documents to ensure the collection begins today!" The Professor replied. The King laughed excitedly.
"Prof - Prof!" the King hailed the Prof who bowed gently
"Kabiyesi o!"
"Eh...don't bother, you can always make use of mine and...okay, since we have agreed and have swung into action, I shall order for like 5 laptops and ipads to kick off the revenue collections and I shall also donate the sum of a hundred thousand Naira to the fundraiser." The King announced and everyone present hailed the King and paying homage to him. They chorused
"Kabiyesi o!"
_______________________________________________
"Ooooh! Akanni, leave me alone o! Ah!"
"Baby, relax, the day is still very young?"
"Young you say? It's 4:30 already!"
"That's my point...ok, let's wrap it all up with a little quickie..."
"Quickie, after 4 solid rounds, Akanni, you are beginning to scare me, maybe I should move to the sitting room"
"What?!"
"Yes! Four rounds and you are still acting like you haven't had it at all"
"Oh, baby, no be my fault na"
"Ehen...whose fault is it?"
"Yours of course!"
"Me, how?!"
"You are too sweet to be resisted...to be candid, I think we should...you know, skip work today and..."
"Ah! Now, I know you are not serious,leave me joor!" Keji said standing up from the bed. Akanni quickly went after her pinning her to the wall by the door and started romancing her.
"Oooh! Ah! What is it now....Oooh...Akanni...Akanni...no...please stop!" Her voice started getting lower as she spoke. Akanni had started kissing her before she could mutter another word. He pulled her slowly back into bed...
_______________________________________
Kole had barely reached the staff room before lamenting the 'Torture' he had just received from the Senior Secondary School 2 students he had just finished teaching.
"Nawa o! Honestly, Adisa had just added to my work load and it's not funny at all!"
"What is it again, corper is any student acting funny?" The Agricultural Science Teacher Mr Jatto asked
"No, no sir, it's actually the whole class"
"The whole class?" Mr Jatto was mad. Kole was amused
"Ah! Not like that sir!" He said laughing
"Ehen?"
"Yes sir, it's just that they bombarded me with much more questions than usual and funny enough it's all about the activities of my fellow corps member, Adisa."
"Oh, okay. I can understand why they are so curious. Just like we the grown ups, we never thought that anyone is capable of what he is doing outside the government. This is why we have been suffering for so long in silence." Mr Jatto explained.
"I understand sir. Come to think of it, it's not like he is doing something extra ordinary. In my opinion, I think the extra ordinary part of his activities is his bravery and courage to not only think but act 'out of the box'!" Kole submitted.
"Now, that's the simple truth!" Mr Andrew, the Government teacher said
"He literally blew my mind with his move. When I quizzed him after the launch of the project, I was like, why didn't I think of this?"
"Well, to me, the answer to that question is that we never thought of being creative...this, as funny as it is, is the main problem of this country...lack of creativity!" Rachael contributed to the discussion
"How can we be creative when we are starving?" The Government Teacher asked. Everyone laughed except Mr Jatto.
"Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention. What better motivation to creativity is there than hunger? Truth be told, Rachael is right, we have been foolish indeed! We lack passion for our job and anything for that matter. It is not possible to go creative when you lack passion for your profession.
Most of us here in this staff room are not contented with what we have, our minds are not here, we are always looking and hoping for that better job, hence, we pay the very least of attention to what we do. We don't really care about the students we teach...the only reason we teach is for the salary! This is the main difference between us and that boy, Adisa. This at least is what I learnt from all these and I'll be forever grateful to Adisa for the invaluable inspiration he has given. It has helped me reposition myself and I see myself doing great things not only in school but also in the society in general" Mr Jatto submitted to the admiration of his audience who he left speechless afterwards.
"My people, with a very light and glad heart do I announce the pleasant surprise I've been experiencing in the past few days."
"Pleasant surprise? Kabiyesi, we are all ears and ready to celebrate with you. Please, tell us all about it" Iyalode urged the King.
"Hmmm...thank you very much Iyalode. People of all works of life have been coming to the Palace to pay solidarity visits to me and have been expressing their readiness to play their part by paying the Royal fee. The surprising part of it all is that when I responded that we are still working on it, they'll urge me to ensure that the payment begin as soon as possible!" The King narrated. Everyone laughed.
"Kabiyesi! I thought I was the only one being confronted, I never knew that they have been coming here too" Balogun said
"They have o! They have and I've been getting a little jittery myself because I know fully well that we have not done anything in that regard and these people are wishing we should start collecting the revenues immediately"
"Well, Kabiyesi, let's kick it off this very minute!" The Professor suggested.
"How???" The King queried. The Professor turned to the Youth leader.
"Olori Odo, please, go to my house and tell my wife to hand over my laptop to you..."
"What for?" The King asked
"For Drafting the necessary documents to ensure the collection begins today!" The Professor replied. The King laughed excitedly.
"Prof - Prof!" the King hailed the Prof who bowed gently
"Kabiyesi o!"
"Eh...don't bother, you can always make use of mine and...okay, since we have agreed and have swung into action, I shall order for like 5 laptops and ipads to kick off the revenue collections and I shall also donate the sum of a hundred thousand Naira to the fundraiser." The King announced and everyone present hailed the King and paying homage to him. They chorused
"Kabiyesi o!"
_______________________________________________
"Ooooh! Akanni, leave me alone o! Ah!"
"Baby, relax, the day is still very young?"
"Young you say? It's 4:30 already!"
"That's my point...ok, let's wrap it all up with a little quickie..."
"Quickie, after 4 solid rounds, Akanni, you are beginning to scare me, maybe I should move to the sitting room"
"What?!"
"Yes! Four rounds and you are still acting like you haven't had it at all"
"Oh, baby, no be my fault na"
"Ehen...whose fault is it?"
"Yours of course!"
"Me, how?!"
"You are too sweet to be resisted...to be candid, I think we should...you know, skip work today and..."
"Ah! Now, I know you are not serious,leave me joor!" Keji said standing up from the bed. Akanni quickly went after her pinning her to the wall by the door and started romancing her.
"Oooh! Ah! What is it now....Oooh...Akanni...Akanni...no...please stop!" Her voice started getting lower as she spoke. Akanni had started kissing her before she could mutter another word. He pulled her slowly back into bed...
_______________________________________
Kole had barely reached the staff room before lamenting the 'Torture' he had just received from the Senior Secondary School 2 students he had just finished teaching.
"Nawa o! Honestly, Adisa had just added to my work load and it's not funny at all!"
"What is it again, corper is any student acting funny?" The Agricultural Science Teacher Mr Jatto asked
"No, no sir, it's actually the whole class"
"The whole class?" Mr Jatto was mad. Kole was amused
"Ah! Not like that sir!" He said laughing
"Ehen?"
"Yes sir, it's just that they bombarded me with much more questions than usual and funny enough it's all about the activities of my fellow corps member, Adisa."
"Oh, okay. I can understand why they are so curious. Just like we the grown ups, we never thought that anyone is capable of what he is doing outside the government. This is why we have been suffering for so long in silence." Mr Jatto explained.
"I understand sir. Come to think of it, it's not like he is doing something extra ordinary. In my opinion, I think the extra ordinary part of his activities is his bravery and courage to not only think but act 'out of the box'!" Kole submitted.
"Now, that's the simple truth!" Mr Andrew, the Government teacher said
"He literally blew my mind with his move. When I quizzed him after the launch of the project, I was like, why didn't I think of this?"
"Well, to me, the answer to that question is that we never thought of being creative...this, as funny as it is, is the main problem of this country...lack of creativity!" Rachael contributed to the discussion
"How can we be creative when we are starving?" The Government Teacher asked. Everyone laughed except Mr Jatto.
"Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention. What better motivation to creativity is there than hunger? Truth be told, Rachael is right, we have been foolish indeed! We lack passion for our job and anything for that matter. It is not possible to go creative when you lack passion for your profession.
Most of us here in this staff room are not contented with what we have, our minds are not here, we are always looking and hoping for that better job, hence, we pay the very least of attention to what we do. We don't really care about the students we teach...the only reason we teach is for the salary! This is the main difference between us and that boy, Adisa. This at least is what I learnt from all these and I'll be forever grateful to Adisa for the invaluable inspiration he has given. It has helped me reposition myself and I see myself doing great things not only in school but also in the society in general" Mr Jatto submitted to the admiration of his audience who he left speechless afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment