"Chairman, is it true?"
"True, what?"
"That your king is employing based on the payment of the royalty fee he's illegally collecting?"
"Yes sir, it is true...but... who told you about it? I just confirmed the matter last night and was coming to report it in person." The Local Chairman was shocked.
"Forget that please, tell me, how he's able to do that considering that he is still a third class king. Where is the money coming from?" The Governor inquired. The Chairman laughed.
"Now, I know that you have underestimated the potentials of the King of Ijinle town. He's smart, intelligent and very ambitious. What he lacked all this while was a sense of direction which he has finally found, courtesy of the Corper?" The Chairman explained. The governor was silent for a while, he started dashing up and down his office. Then, he suddenly stopped and turned around to face his spectator who has been watching him dashing around since.
"Chairman, I've been thinking, can't we...you know...coarse him...you know?" The Governor muttered. The Chairman squinted his eyes thoughtfully for a while then shook his head disapprovingly.
"Your Excellency, I'm sorry, that won't work. Haba! you know who we are up against now! This is the guy who was heavily sanctioned by the abandonment of all state projects in his domain and worse still, he was denied his promotion for the second time to a second class king, what did we get? Nothing but a higher level of defiance and his people are still backing him up strongly!"
"May be we should dethrone him!"
"How are we going to do that?"
"We can always think of something, you know?"
"Hmmm...nope! I still don't think it's a good idea"
"What is wrong with you, why are you being so antagonistic?" The Governor was mad.
"Your excellency, I beg you, calm down. This matter requires a lot of care, we just can't afford any further mistake. Please, bear with me, it's for the best. We can't afford to loose out on Ijinle town. That community is a hot spot for us!"
"I know, but can't you see that's it's slipping away already?"
"The more reason we cannot afford to take rash decisions concerning the town."
"Well, I just bore my mind on the matter, do you have a better idea because if you don't, that guy is a gonner"
"Your Excellency, the people..."
"I don't care what the people say! If he is not for us, then, he is against us and whomever is against us must go!" The Governor roared. The Chairman shook his head in disapproval.
"Your excellency, I need time, give me time to think this over. Like I said earlier, I came here to inform you formally of the newest developments. Now that you are informed, I'll urge you to show restraint, we can't afford the consequences of another rash decision here. I'll surely get back to you pretty soon okay?!" The Chairman begged. The Governor sighed.
"What is going on Chairman, this is so funny. The opposition party is no longer our biggest threat. It is now a King, a king we literally feed!"
"That was then, sir, we no longer feed him, yet, he still manages to survive without us! You should have listened to me, the Leader should have listened. Now he has grown from being a sheep into a roaring lion. You cannot deal with a lion as you do with a sheep, can you?"
"Oh yes, we can. If a sheep's transformation into a lion makes him misbehave, he might have to answer to our guns!" The Governor declared. The Chairman laughed.
"No hunter dares to shoot a lion in his pride. He would rather creep into hiding for the safety of his dear life and would use the gun as a means of defense as he creeps away from the presence of the Pride!" The Chairman retorted.
"Your Excellency, if you make any funny move behind my back on this matter, you can as well count me out of any further discussions on the matter. The King of Ijinle town, you may not know, is enjoying a very huge home support from his people. We left him hanging for too long for him to fear us anymore. As far as he is concerned, we no longer exist. He has no use for us which is true.We are the ones that need him now. Unless we do something fast, we won't be getting a single vote from the whole town. we both know what that means, don't we? Ijinle town is a role model in the area, there are so many villages and towns in the Local Government that look up to the King of Ijinle for guidance and leadership. Wherever Ijinle goes, they go. Unless we make peace with the King, we are definitely going to loose in the coming election season." The Chairman submitted. The Governor gave a big sighed as he sunk into one of the 3 seater chairs in his office.
"So, if I get you clearly, we can't dethrone him?"
"Yes sir!"
"Then, what should we do? He has just successfully created a parallel government. I mean, he collects taxes, embark on projects and now, he is employing people to work!" The Governor asked.
"We would mend fences with him"
"Mend fences, is that the best you can do?"
"Your Excellency! That's the best we can do!We have lost the battle. It's time to wade in and manage the situation. We need to salvage the situation before it goes worse. If we join hands with him now, we still stand a chance. But, if we don't, we shall loose out not only in Ijinle town but the state as a whole!"
"The state? You must be kidding!"
"Oh! I'm dead serious! People would start to spot the difference, the Independence of Ijinle and would start to inquire as to how he did it. Before you know, copy cat effects would start to emerge statewide. By then, things would have gone way beyond repairs and the Dynasty of our leader will fall and we shall fall along with it!" The Chairman bellowed. The Governor didn't like what he heard.
"Ah ha! I said it!"
"Said what?"
"That you have betrayed us!"
"What?!"
"Don't bother, I have everything recorded. The Leader must hear of this! You dare open your mouth, gbagam, to prophesy the doom and fall of the Leader's dynasty, how dare you?!" The Governor accused the Chairman who is already on his kneels.
"Ha! Your excellency, I didn't mean it that way..."
"How did you mean it? You questioned the authority of the Leader about his sanction on the King of Ijinle...abeg, tell me, what would happen if the Leader ask me to dethrone him, what would happen, what can anyone, even you do about it?"
"Nothing!" The Chairman agreed he had started sweating profusely despite the fact that the air condition of the room was still blaring very cold air around the room.
"Better watch your tongue! Who would believe that you were the one talking about a lion becoming untouchable for the hunter not long ago? Get up, my friend!"
"Let me remain on my kneels sir"
"Get up jor!"
"I should get up?"
"Get up!"
"Thank you sir!" The Chairman thanked the Governor.
"So...when do you say you'll get back to me?"
"Ah! No sir, whatever you say?"
"Whatever I say?"
"Ehn...whatever you say!" The Chairman was still jittery.
"Chairman! Hahaha!"
"Yes sir!"
"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. But em, why do you think it's impossible to dethrone the King. I mean, once he's dethroned, we can put anyone of our choice in place and the whole matter is buried forever. Or...maybe we should...you know cancel him...as in kill him...what do you think?"
"Whatever you say sir"
"Whatever I say?"
"Yes sir!"
"Ah-ah! Nawa o! Chairman!"
"Yes sir!"
"Tor"
"True, what?"
"That your king is employing based on the payment of the royalty fee he's illegally collecting?"
"Yes sir, it is true...but... who told you about it? I just confirmed the matter last night and was coming to report it in person." The Local Chairman was shocked.
"Forget that please, tell me, how he's able to do that considering that he is still a third class king. Where is the money coming from?" The Governor inquired. The Chairman laughed.
"Now, I know that you have underestimated the potentials of the King of Ijinle town. He's smart, intelligent and very ambitious. What he lacked all this while was a sense of direction which he has finally found, courtesy of the Corper?" The Chairman explained. The governor was silent for a while, he started dashing up and down his office. Then, he suddenly stopped and turned around to face his spectator who has been watching him dashing around since.
"Chairman, I've been thinking, can't we...you know...coarse him...you know?" The Governor muttered. The Chairman squinted his eyes thoughtfully for a while then shook his head disapprovingly.
"Your Excellency, I'm sorry, that won't work. Haba! you know who we are up against now! This is the guy who was heavily sanctioned by the abandonment of all state projects in his domain and worse still, he was denied his promotion for the second time to a second class king, what did we get? Nothing but a higher level of defiance and his people are still backing him up strongly!"
"May be we should dethrone him!"
"How are we going to do that?"
"We can always think of something, you know?"
"Hmmm...nope! I still don't think it's a good idea"
"What is wrong with you, why are you being so antagonistic?" The Governor was mad.
"Your excellency, I beg you, calm down. This matter requires a lot of care, we just can't afford any further mistake. Please, bear with me, it's for the best. We can't afford to loose out on Ijinle town. That community is a hot spot for us!"
"I know, but can't you see that's it's slipping away already?"
"The more reason we cannot afford to take rash decisions concerning the town."
"Well, I just bore my mind on the matter, do you have a better idea because if you don't, that guy is a gonner"
"Your Excellency, the people..."
"I don't care what the people say! If he is not for us, then, he is against us and whomever is against us must go!" The Governor roared. The Chairman shook his head in disapproval.
"Your excellency, I need time, give me time to think this over. Like I said earlier, I came here to inform you formally of the newest developments. Now that you are informed, I'll urge you to show restraint, we can't afford the consequences of another rash decision here. I'll surely get back to you pretty soon okay?!" The Chairman begged. The Governor sighed.
"What is going on Chairman, this is so funny. The opposition party is no longer our biggest threat. It is now a King, a king we literally feed!"
"That was then, sir, we no longer feed him, yet, he still manages to survive without us! You should have listened to me, the Leader should have listened. Now he has grown from being a sheep into a roaring lion. You cannot deal with a lion as you do with a sheep, can you?"
"Oh yes, we can. If a sheep's transformation into a lion makes him misbehave, he might have to answer to our guns!" The Governor declared. The Chairman laughed.
"No hunter dares to shoot a lion in his pride. He would rather creep into hiding for the safety of his dear life and would use the gun as a means of defense as he creeps away from the presence of the Pride!" The Chairman retorted.
"Your Excellency, if you make any funny move behind my back on this matter, you can as well count me out of any further discussions on the matter. The King of Ijinle town, you may not know, is enjoying a very huge home support from his people. We left him hanging for too long for him to fear us anymore. As far as he is concerned, we no longer exist. He has no use for us which is true.We are the ones that need him now. Unless we do something fast, we won't be getting a single vote from the whole town. we both know what that means, don't we? Ijinle town is a role model in the area, there are so many villages and towns in the Local Government that look up to the King of Ijinle for guidance and leadership. Wherever Ijinle goes, they go. Unless we make peace with the King, we are definitely going to loose in the coming election season." The Chairman submitted. The Governor gave a big sighed as he sunk into one of the 3 seater chairs in his office.
"So, if I get you clearly, we can't dethrone him?"
"Yes sir!"
"Then, what should we do? He has just successfully created a parallel government. I mean, he collects taxes, embark on projects and now, he is employing people to work!" The Governor asked.
"We would mend fences with him"
"Mend fences, is that the best you can do?"
"Your Excellency! That's the best we can do!We have lost the battle. It's time to wade in and manage the situation. We need to salvage the situation before it goes worse. If we join hands with him now, we still stand a chance. But, if we don't, we shall loose out not only in Ijinle town but the state as a whole!"
"The state? You must be kidding!"
"Oh! I'm dead serious! People would start to spot the difference, the Independence of Ijinle and would start to inquire as to how he did it. Before you know, copy cat effects would start to emerge statewide. By then, things would have gone way beyond repairs and the Dynasty of our leader will fall and we shall fall along with it!" The Chairman bellowed. The Governor didn't like what he heard.
"Ah ha! I said it!"
"Said what?"
"That you have betrayed us!"
"What?!"
"Don't bother, I have everything recorded. The Leader must hear of this! You dare open your mouth, gbagam, to prophesy the doom and fall of the Leader's dynasty, how dare you?!" The Governor accused the Chairman who is already on his kneels.
"Ha! Your excellency, I didn't mean it that way..."
"How did you mean it? You questioned the authority of the Leader about his sanction on the King of Ijinle...abeg, tell me, what would happen if the Leader ask me to dethrone him, what would happen, what can anyone, even you do about it?"
"Nothing!" The Chairman agreed he had started sweating profusely despite the fact that the air condition of the room was still blaring very cold air around the room.
"Better watch your tongue! Who would believe that you were the one talking about a lion becoming untouchable for the hunter not long ago? Get up, my friend!"
"Let me remain on my kneels sir"
"Get up jor!"
"I should get up?"
"Get up!"
"Thank you sir!" The Chairman thanked the Governor.
"So...when do you say you'll get back to me?"
"Ah! No sir, whatever you say?"
"Whatever I say?"
"Ehn...whatever you say!" The Chairman was still jittery.
"Chairman! Hahaha!"
"Yes sir!"
"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. But em, why do you think it's impossible to dethrone the King. I mean, once he's dethroned, we can put anyone of our choice in place and the whole matter is buried forever. Or...maybe we should...you know cancel him...as in kill him...what do you think?"
"Whatever you say sir"
"Whatever I say?"
"Yes sir!"
"Ah-ah! Nawa o! Chairman!"
"Yes sir!"
"Tor"
No comments:
Post a Comment