"My dear corps member,I have a question for you.But before I ask you my question,I would like to express my gratitude to the King, his royal Highness for making this clarion call. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first of its kind in this part of the country. Our rural fathers,these days have been relegated to the background, they watch helplessly as their subjects are shortchanged and abused by the political class. Here's our king daring to be different. May you live long in good health and prosperity and the enviable pace you are about to set,it is my prayer that God Almighty Bless and crown our collective efforts with success." Professor Makinde Ali stood to address the people after the brief break given immediately after the Corper's presentation. Everyone chorused 'Amin'.
"Now,my question. Is this a developmental model you found in a text book or somewhere on the internet? I'll like to know how viable it is because ... hmmm...the project as presented would gulp millions of Naira..."
"Like how much are we talking about Professor?"
"It can't be less than N100 million!" The Prof responded without thinking. The Balogun laughed shaking his head disappointedly.
"You see,young man,although, I must salute your courage and passion but,my son,this is nothing but a pipeline dream! This is why I need to know if you have a plan for the funding of this project .I don't know if you have an alternative means of funding the project,I can confidently assure you that the fundraising you hope to organize won't fetch you the kind of money you need for the project" The Prof said. Adisa laughed.
"Thank you,sir,for your observation. The fundraising is not for raising all the funding I need but to raise enough cash for kick off. I can assure you sir,that the project is self sustaining ...the project would take care of itself!" Adisa responded. The Prof nodded in agreement.
"Corper,I doubt if you understood the Prof's question. What we are saying here is that we are not interested in embarking on a white elephant project that would get half way and crash!" Balogun bellowed.
"God's grace sir,this project would be successful provided you cooperate with me." Adisa smiled.
"Thank you Corper. 'Kabieyesi o!' Greetings to the king,greetings to the chiefs,greetings to all present today. May God Almighty Who had made it possible for us to meet today make us successful all the time." Iyalode prayed. Everyone chorused 'Amin o!'
"Corper Adisa,my son, we have heard you and from the presentation you have made,it's glaring that you meant well. Personally ,I'm convinced of the workability of the project. I know that it would work well if we put hands together as a team. This is why I'm humbly seeking that we give the Corper a chance and cooperate with him and see how far we can go! Kabiyesi,I beg you to consider and grant my plea for the Corper.Kabiyesi o!" Iyalode knelt to pay homage to the King before taking her seat.
In a similar manner,every chief was summoned to say something and each agreed that they should give Adisa a chance. It was only the skeptical Balogun that added that the support would be a twice in a year thing. Every half a year,the progress of the Corper would determine if he should get more support or not. Adisa was smiling all the time. It's the King's turn to talk.
'Kabiyesi o!' Everyone chorused
"My people,I'm a very happy man today.As a matter of fact,I'm the happiest man on earth today! Corper Adisa,on behalf of the entire indigenes of this town,home and abroad,I want to thank you for your passionate love with which you have presented this proposal of yours.The way I see you now is like a son of the soil from another town,I'm really grateful,the whole town is grateful. Please,accept our gratitude." The King had begun. Corper Adisa had squatted by his seat since the time the King mentioned his name.
"Arise"the King commanded."Don't worry,stand up!" Adisa was hesitant until the Professor stood up to help him up. All that time,Kole and Rachael could not hide their amusement. This came all as a big surprise. They came to the program to make jest of Adisa when he eventually gets rejected by the royal council. To their dismay,it's the opposite of that that happened. Adisa is being celebrated! On the other hand,Shade was so happy for Adisa that she began to shed tears...tears of joy for Adisa. Her anxiety with which she came in has suddenly transformed to internal bliss and harmony. It's as though she had just been relieved of a very heavy burden.
"I don't want to say anything because I don't have much to say. The passion with which the Corper had presented his proposal had woken the Giant in me. Corper,I can see very clearly what my job is and exactly the best way to go about it. I shall be forever grateful for it!" The King continued .
"My people,the Corper is right,if there's anyone that should be concerned and ready to go any length to ensure that we continue to develop and move from strength to strength,it is I!" The King said,beating his chest.
"Truly,no one can be more passionate about Ijinle kingdom than the Ijinle people...Corper,I get your message and I'm ready to set the pace for all other kings of Nigeria to follow!" The King declared. The people shouted 'Kabiyesi o!!!'
"I'm,therefore,declaring to you,Corper, my unconditional support for your project. Just ask and you shall be given if it's within my reach!" The king said pointing towards the Corper. Balogun was shocked to hear this. He had hoped the King would agree with him and place the Corper on his toes.
"Balogun,I understand your view very,very well and I know you are right. But,I want you to observe the uniqueness of the Corper's plan. His plan is putting everything within our reach...we don't need anyone's support or approval to make or execute virtually every step in the plan. Never have I seen a beautiful plan as this! I also want you to note that everything in the plan revolves around and about the town. This is why I'm suggesting we give him a free hand. But,as you have rightly suggested,we shall be demanding for account of his stewardship every 6 months...I have spoken!!!" The King declared. Everyone around chorused 'Kabiyesi o!'
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Call to duty #8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Call To Duty #40
The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...
-
"Hahahahahaha!" "But, sir, this is not funny...I'm serious here sir!" "My brother, relax, there's nothin...
-
The Chairman has his head buried in some files in his office when his Personal Assistant bumped in. "Oga..." He said as he made...
-
As the Balogun and the Youth Leader continued to slug it out as to the next project to be executed after the road construction, the King wa...
No comments:
Post a Comment