Sunday, January 7, 2018

Call To Duty # 6

It's 3 a.m. early in the morning when the alarm of Corper Adisa's phone rang.He wasn't really sleeping when it did.He hardly slept all night long.He couldn't tell if it was excitement or anxiety that had so much overwhelmed him to have denied him his much needed night rest!
All the same,he has to get up and begin preparing for the day.After his normal stretching,twisting and bending,he did his normal 50 push ups and 30 minutes non-stop skipping before heading out to fetch water for his bath.
"Adisa,how far? Good morning!"
"Hey,what's up Shade?"
"I'm fine,I'm cool.How about you?"
"Me?Cool as always"
"Wow! That's awesome!I can't imagine a guy facing the Council of Elders to be feeling cool about anything o!"
Adisa laughed
"You are so funny!I don't see any big deal in that...probably because I've been looking forward to such an opportunity as this for a very long time now"
"Really?"
"Yea!"
"Hmmm?Nawa o!"
"You see,my dear,I've been scheming and planning for a very long time...as in stuffs that have very simple and plain solutions have proved so difficult hard that people perambulate around them aimlessly without solving them.I haven't been able to prove any of my theories true.Finally,here it is!" Adisa explained excitedly. Shade was happy to see him in such a high spirit.
'And there was I having sleepless night over him!' she thought to herself.
"Do you understand?" Adisa asked
"Of course,I do" Shade nodded "It's just that I don't know if I can come along?" She asked.Adisa looked surprised.He wasn't expecting it. Especially the shyness with which she requested it.
"Oh,it's okay...no problem!"
"Okay?"
"Okay!"
"Okay,see you later in the morning"
"Yep!" Adisa responded as he moves towards the well while Shade makes her way back to her room.
"Ehen! By what time are you leaving for the Palace?" Shade asked
"Yea,I shall be leaving by 9:30 a.m. prompt."
"Then,I'll be coming to your room by 9."
"Okay,that's fine,I'll be expecting you,then!"
"Yea,bye." Shade responded in a rather sweet tone that sent a little shiver down the spine of Adisa.That's the kind of shiver that one feels when one has just fallen in love.Though strange,Adisa recognizes it and was kind of pleased with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akanni had just woken up from his slumber.He stretched himself with both hands up as he let out a very big yawn. Last night reminded him of the honeymoon days after his marriage to Keji his beloved wife. Everything came back flashing in his head as though it happened yesterday. How could he ever forget the sweet memories of those days. It was like a week in Paradise with an angel!
'Nawa o! Money dey try o!When was the last time I enjoyed Keji like this? Just N2 500 fa and she gave me all that 5-star treatment! What if I came home with N5 000 or N10 000?Kai! Money good for body o!' He thought to himself as he approached the bathroom to ease himself.
He looked back at his bed to take another glance at the sleeping beauty in it. 'How I wish everyday would be this sweet! I wish the money can keep on coming in like this...ha! My God,na where your eyes dey?!' He queried as he shut the door to the toilet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Royal Highness,Kabiyesi,the Council of Chiefs,distinguished ladies and gentlemen here present,my name is Mustapha Salman Adisa and I'm here to present a blueprint on the advancement and the Development of this noble town of ours,Ijinle." Adisa began his presentation. Along with the King and the Chiefs sat some eminent sons and daughters of Ijinle town who live nearby.Most came from the state capital while the remaining few came from neighboring towns and villages. They were seventeen in number.
"By the order of his royal highness,I have put together this little piece by which,as far as I know,this town would be moved to very great and enviable heights,God Willing" Adisa continued. Shade who was also in her full Khaki and boots as was Adisa was seated behind him praying for the safe delivery and acceptance of the blueprint.As far as she can tell,the plan is feasible and realistic enough,the problem has always been the fear of discarding it without a trial.Though Adisa is not worried about that,but she is very worried.
'What would the world think and say about us,what would our fellow corps members,especially Rachael and Kole say if he should fail?Hey! God,please o,he must not fail o!' Shade thought to herself.   

No comments:

Call To Duty #40

The Local Government Chairman has been very busy. He had been so busy that he had almost forgot all about his political party that brought h...