"Explain yourself!" yelled the Balogun
"But,sir,it was just a joke..."
"A joke,you call that a joke?!"
"Yes!"
"Calm down Balogun,you are scaring the life out of the poor boy" The King weighed in.He now turned to the young culprit.
"Now,young man,you are a witness to the warm hospitality we accord our guests."
"Yes sir"
"Good,why then,did you decide to make mockery of the very community that have literally been treating you like a king,why have you decided to be an ingrate...what is our crime,hmm?" The King asked in a friendly manner.
"Well,sir,it's not like I meant it the way it turned out to seem like.I was just bearing my mind to my audience the way I see things,that's all sir!" Corper Adisa said in defense.
"Go on" urged the King
"Yes sir,we were just hanging out at the front of Mama Yemi's shop when Basheer broke the news to us"
"What news?" Balogun interrupted
"That the King has once been denied promotion once again"
"And what did you say?" The King asked with a little fire burning in his eyes.Adisa could see the rage gathering in the King.He's now very careful with his choice of words,in fact he wished he could just keep his peace and leave the Palace immediately.
"I...I told him that you are mistaking by wasting your time on them" he responded with close observation of the King who kept quiet for a while,took a long breathe as he retired back on his throne.He suddenly looked at the Corper squinting his eyes.
"So,if I'm mistaking,what,then, what do you suggest is the way forward?" The King inquired. Adisa was relieved.He couldn't hide his feelings as he heaved a very loud sigh of relief.The King and his chiefs gave themselves a glance and laughed hysterically. Adisa laughed too.
"The way forward is in looking inwards" Adisa responded confidently.
"Inwards?" The King asked.
"Yes sir...looking inwards is the way" Adisa confirmed.
...to be continued
"But,sir,it was just a joke..."
"A joke,you call that a joke?!"
"Yes!"
"Calm down Balogun,you are scaring the life out of the poor boy" The King weighed in.He now turned to the young culprit.
"Now,young man,you are a witness to the warm hospitality we accord our guests."
"Yes sir"
"Good,why then,did you decide to make mockery of the very community that have literally been treating you like a king,why have you decided to be an ingrate...what is our crime,hmm?" The King asked in a friendly manner.
"Well,sir,it's not like I meant it the way it turned out to seem like.I was just bearing my mind to my audience the way I see things,that's all sir!" Corper Adisa said in defense.
"Go on" urged the King
"Yes sir,we were just hanging out at the front of Mama Yemi's shop when Basheer broke the news to us"
"What news?" Balogun interrupted
"That the King has once been denied promotion once again"
"And what did you say?" The King asked with a little fire burning in his eyes.Adisa could see the rage gathering in the King.He's now very careful with his choice of words,in fact he wished he could just keep his peace and leave the Palace immediately.
"I...I told him that you are mistaking by wasting your time on them" he responded with close observation of the King who kept quiet for a while,took a long breathe as he retired back on his throne.He suddenly looked at the Corper squinting his eyes.
"So,if I'm mistaking,what,then, what do you suggest is the way forward?" The King inquired. Adisa was relieved.He couldn't hide his feelings as he heaved a very loud sigh of relief.The King and his chiefs gave themselves a glance and laughed hysterically. Adisa laughed too.
"The way forward is in looking inwards" Adisa responded confidently.
"Inwards?" The King asked.
"Yes sir...looking inwards is the way" Adisa confirmed.
...to be continued
No comments:
Post a Comment