Corper Adisa had organized a meeting between the King and the Chairman. Olori Odo was expected to anchor the program but Balogun won't have any of that, he took the mantle from the Olori Odo. The whole thing went as planned. It was the time for the Chairman to address the gathering of the Royal Council. He stood up and bowed with humility.
"Kaaabiyessiii o!" He saluted the King prostrating before the rather happy and glad King who shook his 'irukere' in acknowledgement.
"I greet you the great king of our land, I greet you the council of chiefs that serve as the pillars that have upheld the sanctity and the well being of Ijinle land. May God Almighty continue to bless you all and your families" He prayed and all chorused 'Asheeee'.
"It is my pleasure and a great honor to be among you today. I'm particularly grateful to the Corps member through whom God had mediated between us and have actually inspired us on how to go forward from where we found ourselves. I'm sorry for not being there right from the beginning. I was too blind to see the light...not until you had commenced the construction of this much needed road that would link the town directly to the nearby Federal road did I realize how foolish I have been. I don't want to waste your precious time with the details of how I got to the point of making a 'U' turn to join you in the ultimate goal of developing Ijinle town to greater heights." He said. Everyone clapped in applause.
"Kabiyesi, I am back and for good. Whatever it is that you might require of me to do, I shall do, so long it is in the interest of the progress of the town." There was yet another round of applause.
"To start with, I heard from the Corper that the town desire a bank of their own and were looking for a way to get it done as quickly as possible without delay. Kabiyesi, I beg you in the Name of God to leave the matter to me. We shall have a duly registered community bank that shall bear the Name of the town God's willing before the end of the year!" The Chairman promised. The whole palace was shaken by the thunderous cheers and celebration of the statement. This was the peak of the meeting. It took a while for the Balogun to restore decorum. The King was so happy that he began to shed tears of happiness. The Chiefs rallied round him to comfort him and thanked God for Him. The Corper just sat back and watched as everything unfolded. He doesn't know what to think. 'Alhamdulillah!' was what came to his mind and he chanted it repeatedly within his mind.
______________________________________________
It was 5:30 in the morning. Seyi had gone to knock on his parents' door to wake them up. It was a working day and it was getting late already. His mum used to wake up by 3:00 every morning, but, today was different. Keji had celebrated with her husband over the new truck he had bought in collaboration with his friends.
"Yes, who's there?"
"Mummy it's me, Seyi"
"Seyi, what is it?"
"Mummy, it's 5:30 already and you haven't finished the packaging of your red oil you want me to deliver to Iya Kudi on my way to school fa!"
"Ah! That's true, I'm coming" Keji said as she struggled to get out of bed.
"I'm coming for where?!" Akanni demanded as he pulled her back into bed.
"Yeh! Akanni, you won wound me ni?!" She exclaimed.
"No, I'm not, oya let's finish what we started..."
"Finish what, Akanni...after 3 hot rounds?"
"You dey count am? Me, I don loose count fa...oya let's do one more...spread your legs na!" Akanni begged his wife.
"Akanni...nooooo! Time has gone and...Lara would be cross with me if...ah-ah, Akanni, kai...oh oooo...hm!" She struggled with her husband who is far stronger and more resolved about another round of sex. By the time she could say another word, Akanni had entered...
_______________________________________________
Adisa had just finished receiving a call as Kole sat by his side on a bench in the School compound. He looked a little down cast and kole noticed it.
"Who was that on the phone"
"It was Shade"
"Shade?"
"Yes"
"You should be happy man, why the long face?" Kole asked, but Adisa was silent.
"Hey, dude, it's okay, what happened?"
"Shade is getting married"
"What?! What happened, how, when...did you guys quarrelled?" Kole was shocked.
"Nope. She had told me about a guy she met in her native town with whom she had a relationship. The guy just showed up after several years of no contact...well...she's staying back a few more weeks to get the knot tied...the wedding party shall be after the POP".
"Oh no...I'm sorry man!"
"It's okay...em...life goes on,you know?"
"Yea...Yes!"
"Yea...okay!" Adisa said as he shook back the tears that were going to find their way down his cheeks.
"I think I should give you some room...it's okay man shake it off! Hm?!"
"Yea...I'll shake it off!" Adisa said nodding in agreement. Kole patted him at the back gently before taking his leave.
"Kaaabiyessiii o!" He saluted the King prostrating before the rather happy and glad King who shook his 'irukere' in acknowledgement.
"I greet you the great king of our land, I greet you the council of chiefs that serve as the pillars that have upheld the sanctity and the well being of Ijinle land. May God Almighty continue to bless you all and your families" He prayed and all chorused 'Asheeee'.
"It is my pleasure and a great honor to be among you today. I'm particularly grateful to the Corps member through whom God had mediated between us and have actually inspired us on how to go forward from where we found ourselves. I'm sorry for not being there right from the beginning. I was too blind to see the light...not until you had commenced the construction of this much needed road that would link the town directly to the nearby Federal road did I realize how foolish I have been. I don't want to waste your precious time with the details of how I got to the point of making a 'U' turn to join you in the ultimate goal of developing Ijinle town to greater heights." He said. Everyone clapped in applause.
"Kabiyesi, I am back and for good. Whatever it is that you might require of me to do, I shall do, so long it is in the interest of the progress of the town." There was yet another round of applause.
"To start with, I heard from the Corper that the town desire a bank of their own and were looking for a way to get it done as quickly as possible without delay. Kabiyesi, I beg you in the Name of God to leave the matter to me. We shall have a duly registered community bank that shall bear the Name of the town God's willing before the end of the year!" The Chairman promised. The whole palace was shaken by the thunderous cheers and celebration of the statement. This was the peak of the meeting. It took a while for the Balogun to restore decorum. The King was so happy that he began to shed tears of happiness. The Chiefs rallied round him to comfort him and thanked God for Him. The Corper just sat back and watched as everything unfolded. He doesn't know what to think. 'Alhamdulillah!' was what came to his mind and he chanted it repeatedly within his mind.
______________________________________________
It was 5:30 in the morning. Seyi had gone to knock on his parents' door to wake them up. It was a working day and it was getting late already. His mum used to wake up by 3:00 every morning, but, today was different. Keji had celebrated with her husband over the new truck he had bought in collaboration with his friends.
"Yes, who's there?"
"Mummy it's me, Seyi"
"Seyi, what is it?"
"Mummy, it's 5:30 already and you haven't finished the packaging of your red oil you want me to deliver to Iya Kudi on my way to school fa!"
"Ah! That's true, I'm coming" Keji said as she struggled to get out of bed.
"I'm coming for where?!" Akanni demanded as he pulled her back into bed.
"Yeh! Akanni, you won wound me ni?!" She exclaimed.
"No, I'm not, oya let's finish what we started..."
"Finish what, Akanni...after 3 hot rounds?"
"You dey count am? Me, I don loose count fa...oya let's do one more...spread your legs na!" Akanni begged his wife.
"Akanni...nooooo! Time has gone and...Lara would be cross with me if...ah-ah, Akanni, kai...oh oooo...hm!" She struggled with her husband who is far stronger and more resolved about another round of sex. By the time she could say another word, Akanni had entered...
_______________________________________________
Adisa had just finished receiving a call as Kole sat by his side on a bench in the School compound. He looked a little down cast and kole noticed it.
"Who was that on the phone"
"It was Shade"
"Shade?"
"Yes"
"You should be happy man, why the long face?" Kole asked, but Adisa was silent.
"Hey, dude, it's okay, what happened?"
"Shade is getting married"
"What?! What happened, how, when...did you guys quarrelled?" Kole was shocked.
"Nope. She had told me about a guy she met in her native town with whom she had a relationship. The guy just showed up after several years of no contact...well...she's staying back a few more weeks to get the knot tied...the wedding party shall be after the POP".
"Oh no...I'm sorry man!"
"It's okay...em...life goes on,you know?"
"Yea...Yes!"
"Yea...okay!" Adisa said as he shook back the tears that were going to find their way down his cheeks.
"I think I should give you some room...it's okay man shake it off! Hm?!"
"Yea...I'll shake it off!" Adisa said nodding in agreement. Kole patted him at the back gently before taking his leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment